Help!!!! Please - South Africa (1 Viewer)

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
Hey,

just a few questions quickly. Firstly, what textbooks did you use? umm..cause our class has been dependent on handouts from so many, its really hard to keep organised. Was just wondering if anyone knows of a textbook which is parrallel to the syllabus, or relativelly close!

Secoundly, has anyone put up or does anyone have concise and to the point summarised notes. Ive got my own for all the handouts, but theirs alot of perspectives as you can imagine. So please if anyone has any notes. Or excel, macquarie study guide. ive looked in all editions have not been able to find.

Lastly, heard that HTA may have notes. Could someone please confirm and maybe provide me with them. PLEASE!!

thank you so much, its the only topic i struggle with and my trials are around the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!

wendym

HSC
sorry, no textbooks!
everything i've gotten for south africa was a handout and
it's a total mess. There aren't any textbooks from
educational suppliers such as Cambridge etc on this topic
because it's so recent. Other topics such as Germany etc have
their timeline ending years ago, thus the reason for so many textbooks on them but for SA it's only 1994 so there hasn't been much published on it.
Not to mention the fact that SA isn't a very popular topic in Modern History!

darianjessup

HSC
im in yr11 and we did the making of modern south africa... we're doing apartheid and all that next yr.
we got mainly handouts but heres my bibliography for a report i did

Field L. (1995) The Forgotten War: Australia and the Boer War. Melbourne University Press. Vic Australia

James L. (1985). The Savage Wars: British Campaigns in Africa, 1870 – 1920. Hale. London Great Britain

Ross R. (1999). A Concise History of South Africa. Cambridge University Press. Great Britain

Thompson L. (2001). A History of South Africa. Yale University Press: New Haven and London. Great Britain

thats just a few books. they really helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)