• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

help please (1 Viewer)

msY

HSC
I have this friend that has a few problems. She seams to hate her appearance, hate her personality and thinks she is nasty and selfish (but she actually isn't, she is cute and nice). She tends to force herself to vomit because of this. But the real problem is that she enters relationships with anyone she thinks she likes and gets herself hurt.

She then gets like heaps depressed and vomits and barely eats and self harms. This happens often. She just seams to be really loving and caring and emotional. But she thinks that she is all alone and nobody really likes who she is. Even her parents arnt really nice to her. She also worries constantly what other people think and gets really depressed because she thinks she will be hated and that her friends dont like her. She always blames herself for everything, she thinks its always her fault.

I am a bit worried for her and tried giving good advice but i dont think it is working. Can any of you guys help me out?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I don't think anyone on here can give you any real advice apart from getting her professional help i.e. seeing a shrink

msY

HSC
I don't think anyone on here can give you any real advice apart from getting her professional help i.e. seeing a shrink
But how do I do that, she is a good friend i dont want to be like "you need a shrink!"? And if I saw one behind her back to see what i should do for her she would feel immortally betrayed?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
But how do I do that, she is a good friend i dont want to be like "you need a shrink!"? And if I say one behind her back she would feel immortally betrayed?
Tell her you care and about her and are worried about her and that it might be in her best interest to get some proper help?

msY

HSC
Tell her you care and about her and are worried about her and that it might be in her best interest to get some proper help?
Could that possibly backfire? I can imagine that seeing a psych about anything would be stressful and weird? I dont want her to think, had she made the decision not to follow my advice, that I think shes some freak?

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
sounds like she needs a good fuck, and it also sounds like you want to give a good fuck

msY

HSC
Surely it couldn't make things worse
I see your point, its just suggesting it is a bit weird, considering were of the opposite sex. I just dont want her to feel uncomfortable.

HSC
I see your point, its just suggesting it is a bit weird, considering were of the opposite sex. I just dont want her to feel uncomfortable.
Start by suggesting that she see a school counsellor.

msY

HSC
Okay... so what if she feels uncomfortable about the whole idea?

msY

HSC
I don't think many people would feel comfortable with the idea.
But if she declines my suggestion then she will feel completely uncomfortable around me and she will still have the same problem. So basically were worse off than before???

HSC
Okay... so what if she feels uncomfortable about the whole idea?
Any student going through all sorts of rough time can see a counsellor and all information will be kept confidential. If she outright refuses to seek help then there's nothing you can do about it but it helps if you let her know that you are there to listen to her if she needs someone to talk to and that you are making this suggestion about seeing a counsellor because you care for her as a friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)