Help please! (1 Viewer)

username_2

HSC
@username_2 0.2m would be the length and not the radius I guess
yep you are right exactly so now what this becomes is a conical pendulum problem. So first i need to know the actual radius to find the exact value for the ω and how would I find this - imagine a conical pendulum:
1643962911408.png

Now its been a while since i've done such problems so im leaving it to you to find the tension in the string and finishing the problem. If anyone has any other way feel free to write it here. But what i really think is that the question lacks all of the required information to determine the angular frequency.. dunno seems to complicated for a MCQ.

Last edited:

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
yep you are right exactly so now what this becomes is a conical pendulum problem. So first i need to know the actual radius to find the exact value for the ω and how would I find this - imagine a conical pendulum:
View attachment 34853

Now its been a while since i've done such problems so im leaving it to you to find the tension in the string and finishing the problem. If anyone has any other way feel free to write it here. But what i really think is that the question lacks all of the required information to determine the angular frequency.. dunno seems to complicated for a MCQ.
I agree - I found this in a Penrith trial paper

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)