Help Please!!!! (1 Viewer)

delz

HSC
Hey I'm in HSC year and we got sent this Biotechnology Assignmnet to do over the holidays and I'm having trouble with it. If any has any information that they think relates too:

** You are to select ONE case study on the application of Biology
* I choose - Medicine

The case study must include
** Identification of the biochemical processes involved in the organism or process
** A description of the outcome of the biochemical process and
** An evaluation of the efficiency of the process ( discussing both advantages and disadvantages associated with either the product or process ) and the Effect on biodiversity

I was thinking on maybe doing something on stem cells or genes or cloning and that helps but I'm not sure if thats ok to do. I was also thinking of a product the Ventracor Heart Pump

If anyone has done a similar project or has any ideas on what its asking please post because I really need help. I'm totaly confused

Thankyou soo Much need help desperatly

Dela

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I think your best bet linking biotchnology & medicine, given the outline you provided, is stems cells or maybe cell culture.

Genetics and cloning, imo would drag you way off, and probably wouldn't make a very interesting (or easy) case study.

Cell Culture (which covers stem cells) is a good bet for all your case study requirements and has a fairly diverse range of uses in biotech, from medical research (and some treatments, such as skin grafts, or growing biological prosthesis, to fermentation and food science.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)