• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP pleaz... (1 Viewer)

sue89

HSC
Hey guys, im in year 11 and am stressing out about yr 12 already. I suk at geo and am considering dropping it n pickin up ext history. Im a hardworkin student, i love history and i understant that it'z different from d normal cources n am ready 4 dat. My main concern is essays. i do standard english and am cummin 13/112.i spoke 2 my eng teacher n he said im alright although lack wen it cumz 2 da line of argument. Personally im shittin myself cauz im not 100% confident.He thinks il improve and can do it but im still worried cnsiderin it revolves round essayz.i dont know what to do.Iwould really appreciate it if u guys give me a better understanding of the course from a students point of view-wat do u think, is it really hard, confusin, a waste of time. Also do u rekon it's possible to practice n get beta or is it to late?please be honest. any advise would be greatly appreciated.Also any time management tips or studyin tips or anyfin to help through the HSC would help also.Thank u so much!

hikari

HSC
ohh you have a whole year to practice, technically. 13/112 really isn't that bad.. and strengthening your line of argument is something pretty simple to work on. i'm sure your teacher wouldn't lie to your face xD you can get a tutor or some study guides on essay writing, and just work on it during the summer holidays or something.

history extension isn't that hard. it just involves a lot of reading but yeah.. it just means you have to do the work over a period of time and not cram it in the night before.

anyway, the course is pretty fun! basically you have a major project to do and coursework ('what is history' and whatever case study your teacher chooses). the project is reeally fun, and my topic was so interesting xD the whole course broadens your mind and really gets you thinking.. geography is craptacular in comparison :p no offence to geographic people

sue89

HSC
thanx. wat did u do for your major? What english do u do?
By the way u have made me feel a lot beta... iv had sleepless nights cauz of dis...i was stressin so bad mi famili was goin crazy.lol..

hikari

HSC
i do english advanced, and my project was on genghis khan, and his portrayal as a barbaric conqueror or noble leader :)

haha no worries ^^; don't stress so much during year11, not worth it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)