HELP PLS (1 Viewer)

esybeast

HSC
ur internal rank isnt a raw mark so they use how well u did reletive to ur classmates hsc marks to determine ur raw internal mark

carrotsss

HSC
lets say I got second place in internals and 100 in externals, does the person who got first place in internals steal my rank
you would get 100 for your external and then a slightly lower mark for you internal - approximately (not exactly, nesa does some extra stuff based on mark differences) what the person in second place gets, so eg if they got a 90, you'd get 90 for your internal, averaging to a 95 overall. meanwhile, they'd get their external mark of 90, and an internal mark of 100 (the highest mark since they're first), so it would average to a 95 overall.

hopefully that makes sense

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
surely theres a thread around here where someone actually explains it - imma have a look quick

nsw..wollongong

HSC
honestly i might make one ive had to explain moderation and alignment and scaling like 50000 times
fr i think ur the only one who acc understands it, imma be honest even after all urs + jimmy's explanations I'm still confused

carrotsss

HSC
fr i think ur the only one who acc understands it, imma be honest even after all urs + jimmy's explanations I'm still confused
it pains me so much when teachers try to explain scaling, like the amount of misconceptions people spread actually hurts no wonder people end up confused

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)