HELP PLS (1 Viewer)

yozz

HSC
Wait someone told me if your ranking is pretty poor and you get a state rank in a subject, scaling would like mess w your external mark but i thought external marks doent get alligned?

HSC
lets say I got second place in internals and 100 in externals, does the person who got first place in internals steal my rank
Yes, they do. In fact, I had an encounter myself. Last year, I ended second in internals for a subject, and ended up getting 50/50 in the hsc, but first place got 49/50. So, my external mark was 50, but assessment was 49. Whereas, the student who was internally first had an external mark of 49, but an assessment mark of 50. Your assessment mark is the mark corresponding to your rank; regardless of whether you got that mark or you didnt. Coming to the story, both of us got 49.5 and he state ranked 7th place whereas I state ranked 8th place, because NESA values internal ranks slightly over external mark.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Yes, they do. In fact, I had an encounter myself. Last year, I ended second in internals for a subject, and ended up getting 50/50 in the hsc, but first place got 49/50. So, my external mark was 50, but assessment was 49. Whereas, the student who was internally first had an external mark of 49, but an assessment mark of 50. Your assessment mark is the mark corresponding to your rank; regardless of whether you got that mark or you didnt. Coming to the story, both of us got 49.5 and he state ranked 7th place whereas I state ranked 8th place, because NESA values internal ranks slightly over external mark.
what did you state rank in - that's so sick
can I get help from you for that subject lmao

HSC
what if ur cohort isn't too great
Then you're going to have to perform very well in the external exam (hsc exam). Last year, in the same subject I state ranked, I know students who got 41 in their internal because they weren't studying very well, but studied hard for the hsc and managed to get 48 in external (which is their own, personal mark irrespective of school/cohort) and ended up getting a 45/50 which is a b6 (44.5 is rounded up by nesa)

yozz

HSC
atp i need to hear a miracle story from someone that good a relatively good atar after flopping trialssss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)