help plz! - ancient history (1 Viewer)

Someguy123

hey i am doing an assigment and i have to analyse written and visual evidence to make judgeents about everday life from private tombs. i am just wondering where i find written evidence from? ( does it actually have to be like a stelae from a tomb) i think it does, like it cant just be as text book but i dont know where to look!
thanks for any help

Kulazzi

HSC
maybe u'll get more answers in the ancient hist. forum rather than the yr 11 one

astro

HSC
well if you looks at the artefects in Tut's tomb there are some which the two gods: Aten and Amun. Even though the heretic pharoah Akhenaten changed the religion many Egyptans still worshipped Amun even though Akhenaten was neglecting the temple made for Amun. This may also show a conflict between the people and the pharoah. They also probably had to worship Amun and thier other god in secret during Akhenaten's reign...when he had died and Tut got the throne, he restored Amunsim and slowly let go of the Aten...This is just the religious aspect of life during Akhenten and Tut's reign

You could also talk the daily life in Deir el Medina becasue there are many tombs there which have depictions of life etc. You would probably have to go on the net/txtbooks and find some of the artefects and/or written sources about daily life. The restoration stela would be useful because it demonstrates their religion and how the Egyptians had to think of thier pharoah - remember it is only a one-sided view, thus it may be bias becasue it glorifies the pharoah....Are you doing old kingdom or new kingdom and what dynasty are you suppose to be looking at?.....I don't know if this stuff has helped you....hope it has.....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Written evidence ? go visit your local uni library :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)