help plz!!major project-how much truth in Homer's Iliad and Odyssey (1 Viewer)

atinaa:-)89

HSC
Hey everyone

My major project is on how much fact is there in Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on what to do or if you know of any historians up till now who have written on the topic.

Thanks heaps for all the help people :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Iliad: there's a lot of material out there on Troy. I suggest you head over to the State Library or a uni library and search for books and articles on the topic.

Odyssey: as above. Also, there's lately been a bit of research going on into which island is actually Odysseus' Ithaca. I recall a few articles about this on the BBC News site - try searching on that and see if you can look up the researchers' work.

Robdudley

HSC
Hey for my extension project im doing Who Really Fought The Trojan War and as part of my research, i am attepting to use both past and modern historians. If you can get your hands on the book Herodutus: The Histories, he questions Homer's beliefs about the Iliad and Odyssey based on his account given from Egyptain Priestesses.
His accounts should be of some relevant help during your research and if you look into uni catalogues they should present you with even more historians who have enquiry onto the topic.
I hope i have been of help!!!
Rob Dudley xx
Narrabeen Sports High School:)

Robdudley

HSC
Hey since we are doing roughly the same idea of a project, i thought i would share my sources with you and you could do the same. If that works for you just write back haha, um with your question, i have found a book woth agrees with the idea of Herodutus. It is called Helen in Egypt and has both perspectives and ideas of that Helen of Troy is really an illusion, that she was not in Troy at all. She was actually in Egypt at the time of the events after Paris's ship was blown off-course from the working of Zeus.
I recommened this book as it has historians perspective on the matter, both from ancient times and modern scholars.
Hope i have been of help and hopefully, you'll be able to help me out.
Haha Cheers,
Rob Dudley xx
Narrabeen Sports High School

atinaa:-)89

HSC
lol sounds good to me..i got a few good books from macquarie as well...msg me and il reply wen i get on next

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)