help plz =[ Origin of Life (1 Viewer)

conie

HSC
hey.. =] i need help urgently =[ need to find 2 different ideas of the origin of life and humans. Describe using examples, ideas developed by different cultures to explain the origin of life.
Excluding the theory of evolution.
Diferent cultures like what the chinese or greek or egyptians believed about the origin of life.
I'm so stuck =[ so plz help!
Much appreciated =] Thankz. =D

P

pLuvia

Theory 1 - Organic molecules arrived from the cosmos

Certain types of meteorites such as the "carbonaceous chondrites" contain carbon - rich compounds. Theory says that these meteorites, the compounds in them, may have formed to simple organisms. Yet however the presence of these compounds are not sufficient enough to create life or form organic molecules

Theory 2 - Chemicals for life formed on Earth

Haldane and Oparin suggested that Earth had all the necessary basic chemical components for life on Earth. They hypothesised that the complex organic molecules could have been created from UV radiation, electrical discharges, and heat. They also said that the continued synthesis led to the formations of polypeptides from amino acids and a range of molecules.
Oparin also worked on the heterotrophic hypothesis where by the first organisms were not autotrophic but heterotrophic that fed on the organic material around them

Edit: Opps, read the question wrong :p If I still had my preliminary biology textbook I could help you with the actual question but I don't so sorry :p

rhia

salty
HSC
conie said:
hey.. =] i need help urgently =[ need to find 2 different ideas of the origin of life and humans. Describe using examples, ideas developed by different cultures to explain the origin of life.
Excluding the theory of evolution.
Diferent cultures like what the chinese or greek or egyptians believed about the origin of life.
I'm so stuck =[ so plz help!
Much appreciated =] Thankz. =D
this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_belief is very good. you might like to pick from the contents two belief systems that interest you personally to use, e.g. egyptian or chinese. maybe you can recollect some aboriginal dream time stories from primary school, etc.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Life was also created by the release of oxygen into the atmosphere.

Evidence for this is when scientists discovered cyanobacteria fossils in sedimentary rocks. These were the first plants that did photosynthesis.

There is also something about Uranium layers and iron in water.. Idk you would have to look it up...

rhia

salty
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Life was also created by the release of oxygen into the atmosphere.

Evidence for this is when scientists discovered cyanobacteria fossils in sedimentary rocks. These were the first plants that did photosynthesis.

There is also something about Uranium layers and iron in water.. Idk you would have to look it up...
this question is about cultural/religious beliefs, not scientific, such as the belief of some chinese that the universe began as an egg, from which the god 'pangu' broke out and into two halves which became the sky and earth... or those held by creationists, who believe that life was created by a god/supernatural forces, etc.

Last edited:

Screwball116

HSC
Ancient Egyptians believed that there was 2 gods the earth and the sky that created everything I think it was nut and geb or something it is an interesting creation story u should check it out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)