• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

help plz (1 Viewer)

heba_beba

HSC
can some one help me plz? im tying to find all my topics in my subject so i can study them ( general maths, standard english, pdhpe, community and family and legal studies. )
and if any one has any good tips on how to study please tell me, my marks are realy bad and im failing every subject besides legal studies and english.
thanx, adioz

P

pLuvia

Go to the Official Board of Studies Site and go to each subject you do a find the syllabus and documents about the subject.

Maths - Key to success is consistent practice of questions and past papers. Don't waste your time on things you are strong at, do some questions on your strong point but do more on your weak points.

PDHPE - I'm not sure of, but maybe learn the syllabus dot points off by heart

CAFS - Possibly the same

Sorry I don't do those last two subjects

nataliie

HSC
go to the board of studies website and check out the syllabus for ur subjects. the syllabus shows the topics that u'll study in that subject. :)

a study tip would be to write notes after u finish a topic and study them every now and then.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
heba_beba said:
can some one help me plz? im tying to find all my topics in my subject so i can study them ( general maths, standard english, pdhpe, community and family and legal studies. )

Read the syllabuses for your courses. They detail exactly what you need to know in each course and what you will be tested on in the final exams.

Get them from: http://boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/syllabus2000_lista.html

As for study tips, the following threads may interest you:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=96547
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=94196

Also look in the individual subject forums for advice on specific subject areas.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
revise daily even if you dont feel like it ! which i havent been doing much lately ><

Riviet

HSC
N/A
For maths, do all your homework, and ask any questions from your teacher if needed. When revising, do lots of past papers and practice questions so you are confident in everything.

P

pLuvia

Also do some accelerated studying this holiday, unless you have already done so. i.e. read your english novels, go ahead in maths

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
If your referring to the syllabus documents then there are two version one in PDF and the other .doc (Microsoft word). Your in year 12 right, well you only get tested on the HSC course with preliminary forming the foundations. Although for mathematics they can still test you on concepts learn in previous years....

P

pLuvia

Preliminary is assumed knowledge, but as Kid.@dmin said it is the foundations for year 12, so it would be a good idea to just do a really quick skim of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)