Help plzzz (1 Viewer)

leon4u

HSC
Im coming 1st out of 60 in standard (year 11). I have been asked if i would like to join the advanced class who have roughly 25 people.

But i know that if i go up i wont be in the top 10.

Obviously i'd like a good UAI, so which one do you think i should pick?

Stay up and say i come 1st with a good mark?

Or go to advanced and be average there?

Ty :)

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
hey ultimatly the choice is urs. i do advanced and i'll sit my HSC later this yr and dont find it that bad. yes you'll go down but if you work hard you'll be able to stay in the top 10 of your class. personally i think the advanced course will be better topic and text wise but it really is up to you.

if you choose it i'll help out where i can!

cccclaire

HSC
If you're doing that well in standard I would go to advance.
It scales a tonne better and the texts really aren't that different. Your rank will probably drop a bit, but you wouldn't have been asked to join advance if your teacher didn't think you were up to it.

cs01001

HSC
It just scales a tiny little bit better. But really, its up to you

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Do Advanced, if it's not too late.

HSC
Advanced seems overall more advantageous. But peope who have done standard (graduates) say to do standard, while people who did advanced say do advanced. So it's probably just up to you to choose what you think is best.

slothie

HSC
i think you should do advanced 2 but yeah lyk ppl said its ur choice in the end...
maybe u should ask what topics and texts they're doing/ and ask anyone who u no who does it and c how they find it.....
in hsc u're compared 2 state so rank in skool is not as important as u fink....its more how easy/hard u find course...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Sad Statue said:
Do it. You can always drop back.
You can, before the Advanced English modules kick in, because both Standard & Advaned do the same AOS texts but not the same modules.

There is this girl who is coming 1st out of 97 kids in Standard, wasn't asked to jump to Advanced late last year that I know about.

summermagic

HSC
I'd think that changing to Advanced would be beneficial in terms of the HSC. There's more of a chance that you can a band 6. And besides, you get to be more creative in Advanced!

HSC
if you've been asked to move up to advanced then you're good enough to do advanced. do advanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)