help- printer spooler (1 Viewer)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
hay, recently none of the printers on my local wireless network are working at all using a dell laser printer...

eventually after several attempts to reinstall the printer software i tried manually adding the printer using windows "add printer" thing- it said there was a problem with printer spooler

so i went into admin tools in control panel and tried starting the printer spooler again- except i get the message

error 1068 - depeendancy service or group failed to start

any ideas or help?

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
remove all previous installation files for your printer and try again off the cd??...

j_davo24

HSC
Have you tried printing directly to the printer? That's the only way mine will work.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
nah thats not possible- i have to get the printer working on the network again...i cant have it connected to one local comp otherwise the other computers in my house wont have access

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I had this issue with a Lexmark printer. It occurs when you have installed a third party printer driver (i.e. your Dell one) and then disabled it without uninstalling (or the driver gets corrupted). The driver inserts itself between the system and the printer spooler, hence making the error. It should fix itself if you uninstall the printer driver. If not, then you might have to fiddle around with repair installs, then uninstalls to try and get rid of the driver and get your spooler back.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)