Help...problem with a teacher. (1 Viewer)

WishUponAStar

Happy Tafe Student!
HSC
Hey everyone :)

I really need some advice at the moment because I'm unsure of what to do.

I was doing child care part time last year so I didn't know much about the day teachers, but this year I've been going full time. At the beginning of the year, all the students in my class (and some in the class ahead of us) warned me about this one teacher we had. Apparently a formal complaint had been made about her last year, but she's still teaching the same subject. Anyway, they told me to watch out for her because she did these awful things. I shrugged the comments off because I thought they were over reacting.

As this semester has moved on, though, she has gotten a lot worse.
She is constantly changing the dates on our assessments (because of her we now had 3 assignments and 2 speeches due on the same day). The worst example of this is today when she suddenly changed a huge assignment so it was due 2 days beforehand- we have 3 due in that week plus speeches. She tried to make it so that we were in the wrong and that it really was due earlier. But only a few days prior to this she reinforced that it was due at the later date.
She had mood swings, you never know whether she'll be happy or angry.
She treats some people in the class really badly. On Tuesday she gave this girl a hard time because she couldn't word her question "Clearly" Even though everyone else understood her.
She's always late to every single class.
She just makes it really awful to be there.
This semester is almost over and Iwas going to do nothing, but she's just told us that she has us for 3 subject next semester and I'm really worried.

Does anyone know what I should do?
The other girls in my class want to do something as well, but we don't know what exactly.

Mongke

HSC
put toothpaste on her face when shes asleep. if youre burning now you have no idea the pain you can cause with just one application :uhhuh:

have any friends in high places at the school? with the new IR laws you could probably get her sacked if the whole class pitches in, but thats assuming you dont go to a public school....

X

xeuyrawp

Mongke said:
put toothpaste on her face when shes asleep. if youre burning now you have no idea the pain you can cause with just one application :uhhuh:

have any friends in high places at the school? with the new IR laws you could probably get her sacked if the whole class pitches in, but thats assuming you dont go to a public school....
I believe she goes to TAFE...

WishUponAStar - your first decision is simple: do something, or not do something. Seeing as though you're in the same boat as everyone else in the class, is it worth roughing it out until the end of the semester?

WishUponAStar

Happy Tafe Student!
HSC
Normally I would just leave it since the semester finishes in 2 weeks, but she's just told us that she is going to be teaching us for 3 modules next semester, which is another 5 months :(.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Have you thought about doing those modules(and nothing else - rest of it would be day) with the night class? I know when I was at TAFE they were really flexible and would let me change at will.

WishUponAStar

Happy Tafe Student!
HSC
kami said:
Have you thought about doing those modules(and nothing else - rest of it would be day) with the night class? I know when I was at TAFE they were really flexible and would let me change at will.
Really? I never even thought of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)