HELP! Questions concerning a friend's situation. (1 Viewer)

darkroomgirl

HSC
My friend got a UAI of 58, and he was hoping to get into Nursing at UWS, which is around 60. He did the RET test at UWS and did fairly okay... top 15% for the writing section and top 45% for multiple choice. I was thinking this would be enuf to get him in, plus da fact that it was his first preference... instead he got his 4th preference, which he had enough UAI for. My question is... does he still have a chance at a late round offer for nursing? Did the fact that he had enough for his 4th preference affect his acceptance into his first preference, even if he had okay enough RET test marks to get into it?

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
darkroomgirl said:
My friend got a UAI of 58, and he was hoping to get into Nursing at UWS, which is around 60. He did the RET test at UWS and did fairly okay... top 15% for the writing section and top 45% for multiple choice. I was thinking this would be enuf to get him in, plus da fact that it was his first preference... instead he got his 4th preference, which he had enough UAI for. My question is... does he still have a chance at a late round offer for nursing? Did the fact that he had enough for his 4th preference affect his acceptance into his first preference, even if he had okay enough RET test marks to get into it?
Tell him to GO FOR IT!!!! :D anythings worth a try!!
We need more nurses in australia! my mum was a nurse..she loved it so much, but didnt do her HSC, so went through nurse via TAFE, then went for RN at Charles Sturt & did all the extra stuff u can do (ER, stuff like that).

Has ur friend thought of Charles Sturt? They are the best in nursing :)

Anyway, im trying out for the late-rounds even though i got my 1st pre, but i really want to do another course.

darkroomgirl

HSC
What I meant was...

Do you think he could still get in for the late round?

Btw, you're right in saying that Australia needs more nurses... and teachers as well! I'm going for teaching, so yeah... woohoo.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
darkroomgirl said:
What I meant was...

Do you think he could still get in for the late round?

Btw, you're right in saying that Australia needs more nurses... and teachers as well! I'm going for teaching, so yeah... woohoo.
YEAH! good on ya!!

yeah u automatically get put through the late-round no matter wot....is that wot u meant? cos im very tired right now! :D

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeap, you automatically get put through to the next round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)