help running at low-res (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
help

i've downloaded a couple of games that run at 800x600 (world of goo off steam and seven kingdoms off gog.com) that run fullscreen automatically and appear cut off on the left hand side. about 70% of the screen is visible but it's pretty much impossible to play properly with the left side cut off.

my gfx card is an 8800gts 320mb which usually runs 1680x1050 resolution on a widescreen 22" monitor. when i try to switch the resolution manually to 800x600 the desktop appears cut off as well. problem with the video card?

ohh and yeahh i've already updated my drivers to the latest.

zingerburger

HSC
When you say "cut off", do you mean there are black bars on both sides of the screen? Do you mean other than that, you can still see all your icons on the desktop? Or do you mean "cut off" in that you literally can't see part of your desktop and some icons are missing?

You could try changing the way your videocard handles scaling on a widescreen monitor. Right-click on your desktop and there should be an option to click on "NVIDIA Control Panel". Then on the left sidebar there should be drop-down list called "Display". Expand that and click on "Change flat panel scaling". Then try the options there to see if it helps.

I use the "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio" option when I'm playing games that don't have widescreen support so that I don't get the images stretched across the screen.

Other than that, I'm stumped.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
When you say "cut off", do you mean there are black bars on both sides of the screen? Do you mean other than that, you can still see all your icons on the desktop? Or do you mean "cut off" in that you literally can't see part of your desktop and some icons are missing?

You could try changing the way your videocard handles scaling on a widescreen monitor. Right-click on your desktop and there should be an option to click on "NVIDIA Control Panel". Then on the left sidebar there should be drop-down list called "Display". Expand that and click on "Change flat panel scaling". Then try the options there to see if it helps.

I use the "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio" option when I'm playing games that don't have widescreen support so that I don't get the images stretched across the screen.

Other than that, I'm stumped.
yes to the bold

i've gotten into the control panel and i can't find the "change flat panel scaling option". did a little scrounging with the terminology you gave me and found this is a pretty common problem

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
yes to the bold

i've gotten into the control panel and i can't find the "change flat panel scaling option". did a little scrounging with the terminology you gave me and found this is a pretty common problem

Try changing the ratio in the games actual settings, some prick keeps doing it on my local cafes COD4 games and just resseting to defualt works fine.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Try changing the ratio in the games actual settings, some prick keeps doing it on my local cafes COD4 games and just resseting to defualt works fine.
these are archaic games i'm dealing with. seven kingdoms ancient adversaries from gog.com which is from 1997. it's got no such option to change res. cod 4 and left 4 dead all run fine. seven kingdoms runs at 800x600 automatically and i can't window it either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)