help - running out of time (1 Viewer)

Hiheyhello

HSC
okay i just don't know what to do and now i'm freaking out.
by the end of these Easter holidays, i wanted to have everything from term 1 and 2 perfected and ready for hsc/trials. this includes major works, notes, essays, essay plans, summaries etc.
in order to do that i compiled a list of 66 tasks.
thing is, it's nearly halfway through the holidays and i've only completed 5 tasks from the list - which is problematic

yep, that's all.

idkkdi

HSC
by the end of these Easter holidays, i wanted to have everything from term 1 and 2 perfected and ready for hsc/trials. this includes major works, notes, essays, essay plans, summaries etc.
thing is, it's nearly halfway through the holidays and i've only completed 5 tasks from the list - which is problematic

yep, that's all.
all g,

i been stoning for the past month.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
This sounds like a time management problem. Are you sure you're spending enough time completing those tasks? And if you are, do you think you could be procrastinating/getting distracted?

66 tasks is definitely not a small number but it is definitely doable. The holidays should give you enough time for you to achieve your desired progress.

Hiheyhello

HSC
i feel as though i'm definitely wasting time - you're right there
my plan is to wake up early tomorrow at 5:30ish to bring myself into a productive mind frame
i'm currently prioritising my tasks for each subject.

the only problem is that some tasks are long, e.g. 'write essay for china case study'. i'm a perfectionist so it's going to take me a while to write an essay that i'm satisfied with.

thanks for the encouragement and for reassuring me that it's manageable!!

idkkdi

HSC
This sounds like a time management problem. Are you sure you're spending enough time completing those tasks? And if you are, do you think you could be procrastinating/getting distracted?

66 tasks is definitely not a small number but it is definitely doable. The holidays should give you enough time for you to achieve your desired progress.
honestly just not bothered. but i guess i should get on the grind haha. i suppose i will pull a fat clutch.

idkkdi

HSC
my plan is to wake up early tomorrow at 5:30ish to bring myself into a productive mind frame

the only problem is that some tasks are long, e.g. 'write essay for china case study'. i'm a perfectionist so it's going to take me a while to write an essay that i'm satisfied with.

nah 66 tasks doesn't look manageable if it's 66 essays lol.
start chopping down to the essentials lol.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah that's definitely a good thing! Hopefully with a bit of extra diligence and determination you'll be able to finish most (if not all) your tasks.

All the best! I'm sure you won't be disappointed! :D

Hiheyhello

HSC
watch idkkdi get an "100" regardless - congrats in advance tho

DarkOperator618

HSC
honestly just not bothered. but i guess i should get on the grind haha. i suppose i will pull a fat clutch.
bro seriously don't do this.
I had a bunch of assignments during term 2 last year that i left to the last week, and it involved me staying up to 2am finishing it all
0/10 would not recommend, especially when my marks were crappy

Etho_x

HSC
N/A

yep, that's all.
Too many tasks are overwhelming perhaps? Sounds like procrastination to me as well or the longevity of your tasks could be your obstacle, as recommended above consider cutting down tasks into something realistic you can achieve in the duration of the holidays.

idkkdi

HSC
bro seriously don't do this.
I had a bunch of assignments during term 2 last year that i left to the last week, and it involved me staying up to 2am finishing it all
0/10 would not recommend, especially when my marks were crappy
Well nothing i can do about it now lol.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

yep, that's all.
You're probably assigning too many tasks and being too ambitious about how much work can be done. I did this in high school too and I still do it up to this day. And then since the list is overly ambitious then you feel like you've done no work even if you make progress. So yeah I'd recommend breaking up big tasks into smaller tasks (since ticking off small tasks can give you momentum) and deleting some tasks overall.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A

On the perfectionist tendencies, one thing to consider is whether something not being perfect prevents you from moving on to another task. Sometimes it is better to put one task aside, even if incomplete, and progress on another. Pick the times when you are energised and ready to take on a bigger task to start such a task and don't waste it all on the polishing / perfecting of something that is mostly right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)