HELP!!Simple Plan- Welcome to my life Belonging Text (1 Viewer)

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
Im thinking of choosing " Welcome to my life" by simple plan as one of my related text.

Simple Plan- Welcome to Life​
Do you ever feel like breaking down?Do you ever feel out of place?Like somehow you just don't belongAnd no one understands you Do you ever want to run away?Do you lock yourself in your room?With the radio on turned up so loudThat no one hears you screaming No you don't know what it's likeWhen nothing feels alrightYou don't know what it's likeTo be like me To be hurt, to feel lostTo be left out in the darkTo be kicked when you're downTo feel like you've been pushed aroundTo be on the edge of breaking downAnd no one's there to save youNo you don't know what it's likeWelcome to my life Do you wanna be somebody else?Are you sick of feeling so left out?Are you desperate to find something moreBefore your life is over? Are you stuck inside a world you hate?Are you sick of everyone around?With their big fake smiles and stupid liesWhile deep inside you're bleeding No you don't know what it's likeWhen nothing feels alrightYou don't know what it's likeTo be like me To be hurt, to feel lostTo be left out in the darkTo be kicked when you're downTo feel like you've been pushed aroundTo be on the edge of breaking downAnd no one's there to save youNo you don't know what it's likeWelcome to my life No one ever lied straight to your faceAnd no one ever stabbed you in the backYou might think I'm happyBut I'm not gonna be okEverybody always gave you what you wantedYou never had to workIt was always thereYou don't know what it's likeWhat it's like To be hurt, to feel lostTo be left out in the darkTo be kicked when you're downTo feel like you've been pushed aroundTo be on the edge of breaking downAnd no one's there to save youNo you don't know what it's like (what it's like) To be hurtTo feel lostTo be left out in the darkTo be kickedWhen you're downTo feel like you've been pushed aroundTo be on the edge of breaking downAnd no one's there to save youNo you don't know what it's likeWelcome to my life Welcome to my lifeWelcome to my life

Any idea of belong presenting in this text and how this text can influence our perception of the world so we have a particular understaing of events,people and ideas.

Give me some good language techniques :)?

How does it represent belonging?

Thanks in Advance....any ideas/inputs is greatly appreciated!

djraven87

School or at home doing school work :( or BOSing
HSC
Funny you chose this song.. This was one of the "unseen materials" that was asked in our English exam yesterday.

The question said we had to name 2 techniques used in the song. I used:
Repetition - emphasises the lack of belonging in society
Rehtorical questions - actually gets the reader to think about how belonging can affect the way we life.

And for the people who said doing a song was bad, thats what i chose to write in my analytical response. I wrote on "boulevard of broken dreams" performed by Green Day.. (i have info on this.. ifu wnt it just pm me or add email cheeky_little_devil98@hotmail.com)

But anyways.. Good luck and i hope i helped..

xo

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Im thinking of choosing " Welcome to my life" by simple plan as one of my related text.

Simple Plan- Welcome to Life​

Do you ever feel like breaking down?Do you ever feel out of place?Like somehow you just don't belongAnd no one understands you Do you ever want to run away?Do you lock yourself in your room?With the radio on turned up so loudThat no one hears you screaming No you don't know what it's likeWhen nothing feels alrightYou don't know what it's likeTo be like me To be hurt, to feel lostTo be left out in the darkTo be kicked when you're downTo feel like you've been pushed aroundTo be on the edge of breaking downAnd no one's there to save youNo you don't know what it's likeWelcome to my life Do you wanna be somebody else?Are you sick of feeling so left out?Are you desperate to find something moreBefore your life is over? Are you stuck inside a world you hate?Are you sick of everyone around?With their big fake smiles and stupid liesWhile deep inside you're bleeding No you don't know what it's likeWhen nothing feels alrightYou don't know what it's likeTo be like me To be hurt, to feel lostTo be left out in the darkTo be kicked when you're downTo feel like you've been pushed aroundTo be on the edge of breaking downAnd no one's there to save youNo you don't know what it's likeWelcome to my life No one ever lied straight to your faceAnd no one ever stabbed you in the backYou might think I'm happyBut I'm not gonna be okEverybody always gave you what you wantedYou never had to workIt was always thereYou don't know what it's likeWhat it's like To be hurt, to feel lostTo be left out in the darkTo be kicked when you're downTo feel like you've been pushed aroundTo be on the edge of breaking downAnd no one's there to save youNo you don't know what it's like (what it's like) To be hurtTo feel lostTo be left out in the darkTo be kickedWhen you're downTo feel like you've been pushed aroundTo be on the edge of breaking downAnd no one's there to save youNo you don't know what it's likeWelcome to my life Welcome to my lifeWelcome to my life

Any idea of belong presenting in this text and how this text can influence our perception of the world so we have a particular understaing of events,people and ideas.​

Give me some good language techniques :)?​

How does it represent belonging?​

Thanks in Advance....any ideas/inputs is greatly appreciated!​
I luv this song!!!!!!!!

If I was in year 12 now I would have used it!

anyways, as for techniques you can comment on things like tone-->this one's a real good one to do especially when it comes to texts such as poetry and songs. In this case the tone reflects a lack of belonging in the persona's life this is seen through repetitive and rhetorical questioning as seen in the first lines of the song, you could also talk about the use of 2nd person persona which is used to communicate the message to the responder for the purpose of emapthy. As well as this you can can talk about the other forms of repetition which recurs throughout the song which emphasizes the teen angst of not belonging etc+emotive language 'big fake smiles and stupid lies' which also adds to this

Feel free to add more as I've only scratched the surface of this totally awesome piece of art!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)