Help... STrictly Ballroom (1 Viewer)

norayla

Comeon.. someone put something for "STRICTLY BALLROOM" coz there is nothing anywhere!! and any analysis is mainly image and not dialogue. can someone plz help out here!! a week to go and then i won't ask!!

Delicious

dialogue can be also non-verbal...
that means you can identify the non-verbal techniques.
such as facial expressions.guesture.etc
i wrote something about the non-verbal techniques

norayla

yes i have done that.. but the dialogue topic that we study mainly focuses on verbal. the standard dialogue for the same text focuses on image instead.

do you have any resources that could be helpful???? other than reviews ofcourse!!
i'd appreciate

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
hmmm its arent too hard
its an easy movie to analyse

like the camera angles used now and then when the bitchy girls all stand around that girl and you noticed look the camera views them from a low angle to created powerful effect and looks down on the girl again on a high angle to created a weak character (this was when that glasses girl and that guy's was secretly dancing . .sorry forgotten their names

and also in your essays you can mentioned the used of montages and etc..

Aphrael_87

HSC
N/A
How about the costumes, Frans final dance scene- Red is passion, she's discovered her sexuality, and Liz always wearing Yelow- Yellow is a colour of weakness, but also consider that gold is a colour of trophies, of winning. The Fact that Scott is wearing the outfit of the toreadore in the final sequence and that in perhaps, perhaps, he is dressed in a classicaly simple white shirt and black pants,.

Also, the makeup, as a mask, concentrating on how this life of ballroom dance is fake and theatrical. Fran's lack of makeup when she is first introduced and through to the ending is something you could comment on. Hope this helped... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)