HELP! subjects to enroll in for commerce/law??!! (1 Viewer)

choke

HSC

choke

HSC
it's up to date and yes you have to do QMA - the reason why QMA is no longer a core subject for commerce is because the cores for commerce were recently changed whilst the plan for commerce/law remains relatively unchanged.
oh ok thanks! so commerce as a course alone, is somewhat different to commerce as part of the com/law course?

choke

HSC
LoL, quote helen: what a small world!

oh thanks for your reply btw.

umm, do you know why the two courses have different core subjects?

excuse my confusion and constant questioning... but... do you happen to know whether QMA involves a lot of maths? difficult maths btw...? =/

leoyh

mic`
HSC
Not difficult maths. You do a bit of financial mathematics, which is sequences and series applications from HSC; linear programming which is like inequalities; a bit of differentation/integration, matricies (new stuff) and other stuff that i don't remember. It's nothing too tough though so dw

choke

HSC
Not difficult maths. You do a bit of financial mathematics, which is sequences and series applications from HSC; linear programming which is like inequalities; a bit of differentation/integration, matricies (new stuff) and other stuff that i don't remember. It's nothing too tough though so dw
oh ok thanks, but is QMA a compulsory subject for com/law?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
oh ok thanks, but is QMA a compulsory subject for com/law?
From the looks of things, yes it seems like Com/Law still has QMA as a compulsory subject. It has changed for straight B.Com people and Com/Arts, but I'm not too sure why it's still the same for Com/Law.

QMA isn't too hard. It's quite straightforward, and all you need to do is just keep on doing practice questions and attempting past final papers.

You may find QMB in semester 2 a tad harder, but most people do relatively well in it. No need to worry!

Oh and welcome to UNSW :)

JayJayz22

HSC
I have encountered the same issue; however, the plan for commerce/law has actually changed in the 2010 handbook in the past few days.
It now reads:
Year 1
Semester 1

• One Commerce - 6 UOC
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC

Semester 2
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC
I am interested in whether these commerce subjects follow the same rules as per a straight B Commerce:

For a straight B Commerce:

Compulsory core courses account for 24 units of credit (4 courses)
Flexible core courses account for 24 units of credit (4 courses). Students should choose four courses from the following list:
with only two of the flexible core courses rather than four,
or whether commerce/law students have more free reign in their commerce degree.

I am enrolled in ECON1202, but a little anxious about whether to swap into ECON1203?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I have encountered the same issue; however, the plan for commerce/law has actually changed in the 2010 handbook in the past few days.
It now reads:
Year 1
Semester 1

• One Commerce - 6 UOC
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC

Semester 2
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC
  • One Commerce - 6 UOC
I am interested in whether these commerce subjects follow the same rules as per a straight B Commerce:

For a straight B Commerce:

Compulsory core courses account for 24 units of credit (4 courses)
Flexible core courses account for 24 units of credit (4 courses). Students should choose four courses from the following list:
with only two of the flexible core courses rather than four,
or whether commerce/law students have more free reign in their commerce degree.

I am enrolled in ECON1202, but a little anxious about whether to swap into ECON1203?
Well either way you're going to have to do ECON1203 - so it really depends on whether you want to do ECON1202 as one of your flexible cores, or if there's other cores you'd rather do.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
Oh the derivative you're doing comm/law, might see you in foundations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)