• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help!! Teacher Fresh Outa Uni (1 Viewer)

Drag-0n

HSC round 2
HSC
Hey all..
last tuesday was my first modern lesson for the year..
20 minutes later our new teacher walks in..
she is first year outa uni, she tells us that she knows basicly nothing of the modern syllabus coz she is a fuckin ancient history teacher.. never touched on modern in her life!!!
Then she tells us the usual shit subjects we are doing....
The world at the begining of the C20th
Nationbal study of germany, + albert speer
conflict in Indochina 1954-1979

Now im doing mu hsc at tafe so im starting from basicly 0 knowledge and doin yr11 and 12 in 1 year.. but i did modern in yr 11 2 years ago..
this is going to b fuckin impossible, she hasnt even shown us the syllabus, or an assesment schedule..
Should i fuck this class off now to save myself from failure and misery later?
help please

hello99999

HSC
you could always buy study guides and borrow books from the library and teach yourself, or get a tutor or something. you can download the syllabus from the board of studies website

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the world at the beginning of the 20th century is actually a prelim unit. the rest sounds right. The teacher might not be much help but Modern is one of those subjects where, if you pay attention to WHAT you read and read enough, then you should be alright. Just be indepedent in finding resources, syllabus, guide books, ask other teachers for help if you need it, read past exam papers and responses and etc. It's not exactly a subjects where concepts need to be explained. Most are self explanatory anyway.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh as sarah has already said its pretty much self explanatory and if u run into ne problems u can just post em up here :p it is nice howeva to have a good teacher but if u dont its not the end of the world

Drag-0n

HSC round 2
HSC
mm thanks i kno the course isnt too bad.. its just that being at tafe and doing yr11 &12 in the on year is kinda challenging.. most ppl do it over 2 years but im doin 1 so i was hoping for good teachers..
she is a good teacher and make class more interesting than all the boring old guys in the class..
n i kinda made her upset today coz i told her that i was pissed off she hadnt given us a general idae about the things we would b covering.. but im sure things will go up from here

rain_28

well with the topics your doing , there's a lot of reading material on it. so it wont be too hard if you're willing to research on it and do your own notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)