HELP - tips on tutoring (1 Viewer)

anime05

HSC
N/A
sorry wasn't sure where to post this but,,

i'm going to be starting tutoring a year 12 kid in 4u (and im guessing, 3u as well) maths in a couple of weeks and he has half yearlies at the beginning of next term

if i only have the chance to have one 2 hour lesson with him before his half yearlies, what is the best thing to do?

do i still go through theory? or do i just go through lots of different styles of questions? or is there something else i should do >__<

mioumiou

HSC

i'm going to be starting tutoring a year 12 kid in 4u (and im guessing, 3u as well) maths in a couple of weeks and he has half yearlies at the beginning of next term

if i only have the chance to have one 2 hour lesson with him before his half yearlies, what is the best thing to do?

do i still go through theory? or do i just go through lots of different styles of questions? or is there something else i should do >__<
I've read a exact same forum about this as well. Well, you can ask him if he understand all of the concepts, if he understood the concepts really well, then show him different types of past examination questions. And make sure that he'll do as many past papers as he can before his half yearlies. I think in my school, they're half yearlies is finishing soon. So yeah.

BTW, this is the link for that forum, its very useful.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/483/tutoring-reviews/225773/tutoring-techniques.html

Wish you all the best! :)

oasfree

HSC
N/A

Tough job! perhaps just quickly identify gaps in his learning and give him some work and theory to fill these critical gaps. It is really not much you can do in such short notice.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Yeah, like above id say just focus on the gaps, no point trying to cover teh whole course crappily

anime05

HSC
N/A
Tough job! perhaps just quickly identify gaps in his learning and give him some work and theory to fill these critical gaps. It is really not much you can do in such short notice.
yeahh ahhh..
hopefully i'll be able to do enough for him

thanks guys for the tips!

really appreciate it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)