HELP: Transferring into UNSW Engineering (1 Viewer)

schmickrx3

HSC
I want to study a double degree in civil/mining engineering @ UNSW but did not reach the cut off for direct entry. The only chance l have is FEAS, but l want to have a back up plan of course. Could someone provide me with advice on what course/s l could possibly do that would allow me to complete an internal transfer. I would obviously like to do a course that has a very similar first year to civil/mining engineering. I have heard that materials science and engineering is a possibility. Also if it matters l have EAS bonus points for multiple reasons.

Thanks

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
pick civil or mining engo and then transfer into civil/mining in a later year

schmickrx3

HSC
pick civil or mining engo and then transfer into civil/mining in a later year
Cut off for civil/mining is 91.2 and cut off for civil or mining are both 91. So no difference. Still haven't made the cut off

Silly Sausage

HSC
You can do pretty much and degree and transfer into engineering provided you get 65WAM and complete 36UOC. You can do MatSciEng and transfer but you'll probably have to catch up on mining/civil eng specific subjects. If you another degree eg BSc make sure you the same math, physics units for credit transfer. https://student.unsw.edu.au/ipt-engineering
However, since you're eligible for EAS you'll probably be eligible for their ACCESS scheme. Once you're eligible you can do the university preparation program (UPP) http://www.unsw.edu.au/unswprep17-19 which is 1.5 years for $290 a year and 3 subjects per semester. However if you do well in maths in the first year you can shorten it to 1 year (not too sure, you better check with the uni if go this path).

Another uni that offers civil/mining double degree is UOW.

Good luck with FEAS :)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Cut off for civil/mining is 91.2 and cut off for civil or mining are both 91. So no difference. Still haven't made the cut off
if you're just a little bit below then yeah you can still probably get it

if you're a lot below, get into something, work hard 1st year and then transfer

schmickrx3

HSC
if you're just a little bit below then yeah you can still probably get it

if you're a lot below, get into something, work hard 1st year and then transfer
Thanks. Does anyone know how difficult it is to transfer from UTS Engineering to UNSW. I am really keen on UNSW

because of their mining industry links.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)