Help transferring to a completely different degree/university (1 Viewer)

brendan10x

HSC
Hello, I am a first year university student currently just undertaking flexible engineering at UNSW. But I've realised I'm completely in the wrong field and hence wish to transfer to a Bachelor of Physiotherapy. I've completed my HSC in 2016 and got an ATAR of 96.70, making me eligible for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy at the University of Western Sydney which requires an ATAR for 96.65. But obviously its too late to change now, as the first semester has already started, sadly I dont think you enter in Semester 2, but nonetheless I am willing to wait. I know how internal transfers work, but I've got no idea on the steps I need to do to get into the degree of a completely different university and obviously I must make the decision before the University's Census dates. Please help

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
UAC. You go through UAC. Ya gonna have to compete with this years year 12s however

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I did the complete opposite lol, from UWS/WSU Physio to UNSW Engo (some others did this too) during my first sem few years ago. Yeah need to lodge a new app through UAC. When I did it, they took only my ATAR into account (bonus point schemes too?) but I dropped my courses during my first sem at UWS/WSU. Now sure how it is your way, engo is more flexible than physio (which has a small cohort) with being able to start in sem 2 so yeah not sure you may be able to start until next year. If you plan to take a break waiting for offers until then, do some work and extracurriculars.

aoc

HSC
Since this thread seems appropriate does anyone know what it would be like for medicine? Since you need to submit your med application by september 20 iirc? But you dont get your wam until the end of the year yet they require both atar and wam and umat for 1st year uni students?

brendan10x

HSC
I did the complete opposite lol, from UWS/WSU Physio to UNSW Engo (some others did this too) during my first sem few years ago. Yeah need to lodge a new app through UAC. When I did it, they took only my ATAR into account (bonus point schemes too?) but I dropped my courses during my first sem at UWS/WSU. Now sure how it is your way, engo is more flexible than physio (which has a small cohort) with being able to start in sem 2 so yeah not sure you may be able to start until next year. If you plan to take a break waiting for offers until then, do some work and extracurriculars.
Thanks for the advice, so why did you and others drop physio at UWS

brendan10x

HSC
Also what happens if the 2017 ATAR for physio goes up, and my ATAR of 2016 is too low. I would basically have wasted a year for nothing :(

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Thanks for the advice, so why did you and others drop physio at UWS
I took it up as a challenge since my ATAR was sufficient and obviously it is a field in demand. I just realised, I think the cutoff may have decreased... In my year it was in the 98.XX region with the following year being 99.95 or thereabouts lol. Check if you are eligible for the bonus points schemes which are applicable to the course, the regional one is pretty generous if it applies. I was okay with the competencies and ethics, health stats in society and human anatomy and physiology... But I did pretty badly in the physio prac section, realised I am more of a rote and calculations person. The physio cohort itself is small (~50-100?) but the health science field in first year overlaps with lots of other courses which is great, very diverse range of people and lots of mature aged students you get to meet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)