HELP!! UAI misses cut-off! (1 Viewer)

mattyg87

HSC
im so dissapointed about my UAI. I ended up with 64.80 UAI, and the 2004 cut-off to my 1st pref (I.T Support) at UWS is 66.50...

Is there any chance that i will get into it...i mean my marks for computer related courses were really good..i got 79 for IPT and 76 for SDD...as well as 74 for maths

The reason my UAI is so low is probably because i only chose 10 units, including one B category subject..not a smart idea!

If i dont get into uni, what should i do..repeat the HSC or go to TAFE...and also if i go to TAFE, do i have to complete the entire course before attempting to get into uni?

kacca29

HSC
N/A
Congrats on your results. If I was you I'd look at finding a TAFE course similar to what you want to do at uni. You only need to do a year and your marks will count in your uni app for the next year. Also if you get a certificate or diploma you'll have a qualification which means you can work in the industry while you're at uni. Then you'll be one up on everyone else doing your course.

My brother got into uni solely on TAFE results: he got a <30 UAI. Can be done.

Good luck

Bond_007

lol that IT support at UWS is one of my pref's
i think its my last one lol

id do a IT thing at tafe and after that transfer into UNI
do like systems admin or network engineering it it support ar TAFE
the subjects will be similar and you can transfer into the uni easier

but be careful some uni's dont reconise TAFE stuff
ie UNSW
but talk to you careers adviser about it

lol in the two days of school left

hope that helps

Bond

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
mattyg87 said:
im so dissapointed about my UAI. I ended up with 64.80 UAI, and the 2004 cut-off to my 1st pref (I.T Support) at UWS is 66.50...

Is there any chance that i will get into it...i mean my marks for computer related courses were really good..i got 79 for IPT and 76 for SDD...as well as 74 for maths

The reason my UAI is so low is probably because i only chose 10 units, including one B category subject..not a smart idea!

If i dont get into uni, what should i do..repeat the HSC or go to TAFE...and also if i go to TAFE, do i have to complete the entire course before attempting to get into uni?
The course you wanted to do anyway, is basically a TAFE course and you pay more fore it it is classified as a degree by UWS but on open day i found out it is considered by everyone else to be a diploma or advanced diploma in IT support( or someother name). So best advice would be save your money and do it at TAFE not pay approx 2x the amout at UNI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)