Help!!! Usyd education textbooks!!! (1 Viewer)

prawnchips3

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I'm starting a Bachelor of Education (Primary) and was sent an email by the lecturer to buy 2 textbooks
Should I buy these asap or wait to see if I really need to spend heaps of $$$$

Any 2nd/3rd year Primary Ed students know which textbooks i should or shouldn't buy? :

EDUP1002 English, Literacy and Learning
EDUP1004 Science Concepts 1
EDUF1018 Education, Teachers and Teaching
:read::jump:

kimjuliana

HSC
Same here! (I'm doing secondary ed. though) The email says it's "essential"... not sure if this means it's compulsory though.

Weeber

HSC
N/A
Unless the lecturer wrote the book I wouldn't be skeptical on whether to get the book.

Also get it second hand, you can sell it back by Sem 2 and get most of what you paid back anyway.

prawnchips3

HSC
N/A
Ok. Well the 'essential' books they prescribed are:

1. Ewing, R. (2013). Curriculum and assessment: Storylines (2nd ed.). Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
2. Latham, G., Blaise, M., Dole, S., Faulkner, J., & Malone, K. (Eds.). (2011). Learning to teach: New times, new practices (2nd ed.). South Melbourne: Oxford University Press.

Any previous years selling these textbooks?

HSC
Ok. Well the 'essential' books they prescribed are:

1. Ewing, R. (2013). Curriculum and assessment: Storylines (2nd ed.). Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
2. Latham, G., Blaise, M., Dole, S., Faulkner, J., & Malone, K. (Eds.). (2011). Learning to teach: New times, new practices (2nd ed.). South Melbourne: Oxford University Press.

Any previous years selling these textbooks?
Yup :)
http://community.boredofstudies.org...y-childhood-usyd-1st-year-books-mktg1001.html

Your first one is different to mine, so just make sure you've got the right books :)

prawnchips3

HSC
N/A
Was the "Latham, G., Blaise, M., Dole, S., Faulkner, J., & Malone, K. (Eds.). (2011). Learning to teach: New times, new practices (2nd ed.). South Melbourne: Oxford University Press." textbook helpful for study/exams? I'm trying not to spend too much money on textbooks :S

I've been asking around, and some of the previous first years suggested not to buy EDUF1018/1019 textbooks as we would be getting readings.

:blink2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)