HELP - USYD enrolment hell (1 Viewer)

MarsBarz

HSC
Everything was quite clear until this point but now it is just too confusing.

I got my offer in the preliminary round for commerce&arts (I'm an international student) and I promptly accepted and paid the deposit online.

But now I am getting conflicting dates and information about enrolment. The usyd website is an absolute piece of steaming shit and info is illogical, keeps changing, getting moved around and it's a real mess. I tried calling the uni but they either didn't answer or referred me to other phone numbers which didn't pick up etc...

So anyway I ask if anyone can give me information as to when and how I should enrol.

Some info:
My surname starts with G, I'm an international student who got an offer in the preliminary round and will be studying commerce&arts.

Please, please help.

LostAuzzie

HSC
I'm not sure about Preliminary (I thought those enrolments were before Main-Round offers were released)
But for Main Round you would enrol, either in person or through someone else appearing for you on the day, on Friday 27th January between 9am & 11am at the Merewether Building.
Maybe you enrol at the same time as others in the main round :confused:

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
He's international; maybe he's not even in Australia.

I think you should most definately ring the university. They're not evil...well, not that evil.

MarsBarz

HSC
I live in Australia. Anyway I've called various USYD numbers but they all keep putting me through to this other number which is just a stupid ansering machine. I've left 2 messages in the answering machine (yesterday) but they still haven't called me back ffs!

Now I'm still not sure if my enrolment date is the same as those who received main round offers! I really need to know when my enrolment session is.

tennille

HSC
Did you receive a piece of paper that stated when the enrolments are for each course? If your course is on there, that is the date you enrol, regardless if you received an offer in the preliminary or main rounds (unless it specifies).

MarsBarz

HSC
Tennille said:
Did you receive a piece of paper that stated when the enrolments are for each course? If your course is on there, that is the date you enrol, regardless if you received an offer in the preliminary or main rounds (unless it specifies).
I did not receive that. The only thing I received about enrolment is the faculty of economics and business's enrolment information booklet for semester 1, 2006 but it doesn't contain any dates.

princess_ariel

HSC
I'm an international student too, and I agree, the usyd enrolment dates are totally confusing! I called the uni and they told me it's this week, so I think the Jan27 date is correct. They sent me an enrolment schedule but it's for international non-UAC students, which does not apply for me, as I took the HSC with everybody else. I really think the uni should fix this up.

MarsBarz

HSC
I also did the HSC. I have not received any dates for enrolment in the mail. I've called the helpline again today but they just forwarded me to this answering machine again.

So I'm going to rock up on the 27th and hope that I can enrol then.

Now I just gotta get everything which I will need for enrolment.
http://www.info.usyd.edu.au/facts/enrol_info.shtml#4
On the aforementioned page it states that I am to bring the enrolment schedule which I received with my offer letter from UAC. Only thing is that I did not receive this enrolment schedule...
I've already paid my uni fees online when I accepted so I think that's done. I have to get some photos and a TFN.

Scrolling down that page they mention that it is essential to bring "enrolment details ("When and where to enrol"sheet)" which I never received....

Units of study which I have no fucking clue about because none of that has been explained to me and I don't have faculty handbooks...

Sydney UNI's administration already seems like a big mess. Great.

Diiiiiana-_-

B. Int. Studies @ Usyd !!
HSC
I'm an International Student and I went to the enrolment yesterday,
I didnt get the enrolment schedule as well because
I received my offer in the Preliminary,

Well.. If your name starts with G,
I think you were meant to be doing it today between 9~11 am,

MarsBarz

HSC
Today for international studies. I'm doing commerce/arts so I believe it's friday.
Can you tell me about enrolment? What was it like?

Last edited:

LostAuzzie

HSC
MarsBarz said:
Units of study which I have no fucking clue about because none of that has been explained to me and I don't have faculty handbooks...
The arts faculty handbook can be found here:
http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/arts/00_introduction.shtml
And the commerce handbook can be found here:
http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/economics_business/00_introduction.shtml

Information on Units of Study can be found in those handbooks or by doing a course search for your degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)