• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP!! Vizier in New Kingdom Egypt oral! (1 Viewer)

Kirei

HSC
HI, i have to do an oral report as if i was a vizier and presenting it to the pharaoh at the beginning of a typical day. Can anybody help me on what i could do, like how i could present it or how the vizier would represent it??
Thanks in advance!!!:)

X

xeuyrawp

Kirei said:
HI, i have to do an oral report as if i was a vizier and presenting it to the pharaoh at the beginning of a typical day. Can anybody help me on what i could do, like how i could present it or how the vizier would represent it??
Thanks in advance!!!:)
For which module is this? Society? Period?

Topher15

HSC
Vizier help needed

I am wondering does anyone have a site link to 'the book of the vizier' i lost mine also does anyone know what a vizier looked like, a picture would be so helpful or even a discription.
thank you

Last edited:

Kirei

HSC
PwarYuex said:
For which module is this? Society? Period?
Well it is... Society in New Kingdom Egypt during the Ramesside period... much apreciated if you can help!!!

Hello chris... yeah i just thought i should start my ancient assignment!!! i sort of need help... i have an idea... you can help me!!!:wave:
(you should get rid of my full name!! arhhh..)

Last edited:

Kirei

HSC
Re: Vizier help needed

I supose i can help you.... at this website:

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/vizier.htm

It says that in Egyptian art, vizier were usually depicted wearing a long rode that cam under their armpits and was usually pure white which symbolised his impartiality.

Hope that helps, it was all i could find! :)

Kirei

HSC

PwarYuex said:
Ugh. Tour Egypt. =/
Well thats all i could find... if you can be of more help, please be my guest!

X

xeuyrawp

Kirei said:
Well thats all i could find... if you can be of more help, please be my guest!
It's called a book. You know, one of those ancient things which scholars use? [/old man talk] :D

Try to see if you can find these two:

1. GPF van den Boorn, Duties of the Vizier: Civil Administration in the Early New Kingdom, (London: 1988). Mac library has it in.
2. TGH James' Pharaoh's People: Scenes from Life in Imperial Egypt, (Oxford: 1985). It's also in Mac library. It's in reserve, so it's not really going anywhere anytime soon.

Kirei

HSC

well... thankyou!
i will try and find those...

Topher15

HSC
hahahahahahahahahahahaha yer ive done like a page and a bit but i dunno lol it thought it was due second day back and was panicing cuz im in syd and have no time and i get back on sunday lol so yer. well good luck and of course id help.

stresshead07

HSC
haha, u guys r hilarious! so far i havnt found the actual 'book' yet ive found translations of the installation and duties of the vizier from rekhmire's tomb, is it similar or an equal resourse? hey chris hows ur costume going?.. have yet to work out what u owe me opps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)