HELP!! What is the BEST Legal Studies Textbook/Study book to buy? (1 Viewer)

leapfrog1

HSC
Hey'everyone. I'm just wondering what textbook/study book is the best for LEGAL STUDIES for the HSC course and coincides with the syllabus. When I say best I mean the book with alot of detail and depth. Thanks.

Can anyone help me? Much appreciated :) :) :) :)

**Also I heard that the syllabus has changed for 2010, but does anyone know if this if the case for Legal studies as well? I know its for PE.

jellybelly59

HSC
Legal Studies HSC hamper, derwent, draper - get the newest edition which i think is the third but even then it's only up to 2007 and when you do workplace you'll die for that so keep updated. Yeah i think the hsc is only changing slightly they're kind of rearranging some prelim stuff with some hsc stuff and adding bits and pieces there.

Venom.

HSC
I found Cambridge the best.

And yes Legal Studies syllabus changing next year

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Cambridge is pretty decent and easy to read. It was our class text for the year. The effectiveness of the law is pretty poorly explored, but it's not very great in the Macquarie/Excel guides either.

EDIT:

2009 HSC
Legal Studies Syllabus (1999) (PDF)
To be used for Year 11 in 2009 and Year 12 in 2010
Also available in Word format

Last edited:

askrach

HSC
The macquarie study guide is pretty good for extra case studies
I'm pretty certain the syllabus is changing in 2011 - year 11 from this year will do the same syllabus next year for HSC then it changes after that
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

laila09

HSC
I thoroughly recommend the Cambridge guide. I would use no other. It is the best possible textbook avaliable for legal studies and will guarantee you success!
;)
When I purchased mine it was $57.95 however I'm sure someone on this site etc. will be giving one away or selling very cheap as these books are no use to any of us HSC students anymore!
;)

laila09

HSC
The syllabus for legal studies will change in 2012 for legal studies. So make sure you do not spend lots of money on a text as it is useful to you in year 11 but not in year 12!;)

lewis99

HSC
The Legal Studies course changes next year 2010 for preliminary students only. They will sit a different HSC under the new course - different layout with Crime in first section rather than law and society. New exam format for next years HSC but very little change just suggested page lengths for reponses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)