Help with an assessment! (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

My assessment is about the advantages and disadvantages of fixed and floating exchang rates, and really want to use some sort of case study, but I'm not too sure which economy to use. Does anyone know of an economy whose previous exchange rate was fixed, but has since been floating??

Thanks!

Rorix

HSC
uh, only like, y'know, most of them

azza_3761

HSC
I'd use Australia personally, but only because it is the easiest to find information on the history of it all( and i did it in class lol)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Rorix said:
uh, only like, y'know, most of them
Lol. Yeah I know, but I'm looking for one which was recent, because I can't really find any info on Australia when it was under a fixed-exchange rate determination system.

azza_3761

HSC
Australia would still be the best to go on even though it isn't the most recent as it shows the after effects. Most of the HSC textbooks should have some background information on the fixed-exchange rate determination system of Australia , however there probably isn't going to be much information on it for any country as they would be more interested in the effects of the float system.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
True, perhaps the best way to go is a thorough description of Australia's exchange rate system. Attempt to discuss the global issues such as the gradual deregulation of the financial markets, in combination with Australia's exchange rate..

Quite a restricted topic I might say.. >.< But good luck though. Perhaps also link your essay question to the current floating exchange rate, and comment on its intertwinement with Australia's 7.1% gdp of cad.. In fact, your advantages/disadvantages will base alot upon the CAD.

Rorix

HSC
try the asian financial crisis

Airazer

HSC
the trick is to plagiarise and stick paragraphs of ur own in between every so often. also change the syntax and prolong- or make consise some statements so they look original.

KungPow

HSC
Is using a case study necessary? Will it garner you more marks? Ask your teacher otherwise you'll be wasting your time.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
hyperbole said:
Hey,

My assessment is about the advantages and disadvantages of fixed and floating exchang rates, and really want to use some sort of case study, but I'm not too sure which economy to use. Does anyone know of an economy whose previous exchange rate was fixed, but has since been floating??

Thanks!
Australia is the best example, there is so much stuff, talk about competitiveness, interest rates, inflation etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)