Help with atar and scaling and how much i need to improve (1 Viewer)

nicole_i

HSC
Hi guys im sorta new to this site but i just wanted some opinion on my current subjects and ranks for year 11 and how much i need to improve for year 12 to get a decent atar. i am really worried that im not going to do well. I dont know what i want to do after school so i wanted to get a high atar so i can expand my choices if you get me? (85+)
my school was ranked 69th in nsw in 2012 hsc
My subjects are:
General Maths 2: 20/69 (planing on getting into the top 10 hopefully)
Standard English: 19/91 (NEED to get into the top 10 but i suck at english :/)
Music 1: 3/8
Drama: 3/10
Biology: 27/65
yeah please let me know your opinion thank you i know i realy have to improv but just for now how am i with scaling and stuff
im guessing most of my subjects scale low :/

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I think you should up your bio and maths by a bit.
And English, you should up it by a lot.

I think other than that, judging by your school rank, you'll be fine.

nicole_i

HSC
Thank you i appreciate it ::)

does anyone know if my music and drama ranks will have an impact cause it is a small class???

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
You shouldn't really expect to get a top 20%ile mark when you've chosen the lowest levels of math and english available- those subjects aren't there for ambitious students, they're just there for people who want to PASS the hsc, and they scale accordingly.

That being said, at this point you COULD turn it around. It happens. It isn't likely.

English won't improve easily.
Best bet is to get someone to write essays for you and memorise them (of course you should give writing the essays yourself a chance, but in the end you use a prepared one for the exam if you need to).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)