Help with atar (1 Viewer)

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
hey Guys,

1. Is it still possible to get above an Atar of 98+. What Atar am I currently looking at with these ranks and if I improve my ranks in the top 3, what Atar would I get.

2. What would be the most effective way to study for each of these subjects in terms of note making and what text books are good for maths ext 1/2u.

My school rank is 167+.

English advanced: 38/62
Chemistry: 7/20
Biology: 14/45
Maths 2u: 3/15
Maths Ext 1: 4/10
SOR 1U: 2/54

Thanks

Capt Rifle

HSC
Fix up that english, and you will probs get in the 95s. I'd say aim for top 3-5% in each subject and you should hit the extreme 90s hopefully. Hope this helped.

Capt Rifle

HSC
Plus you want to do med, you studying for the umat? You know it isn't just the atar...

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Plus you want to do med, you studying for the umat? You know it isn't just the atar...
Yes, lol I already have down about 5 papers for Umat . Tyeah, lol I know that you need to sit the umat for med + Atar also counts.

What Umat score would I need. Are you sure that if I improve in english, I can hit the 95+ Atar.

thanks for your helpful answer

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Guys,

A very important question:

What if I scored an overall internal assignment mark of 85.5/100 for chemistry, 95.6 for Biology, 92.5 for maths 2u, 88.2 for maths ext 1, 82.95 for English Advanced. For example, for these overall assignment marks, I came top 3 for everything. If I score above 90 for chem, bio, maths 2u, English advanced and score 48 for maths ext 1. Would I be able to get state rankings for anything and get an overall HSC mark of 95+ for my subjects.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
Give us your marks in those subjects ,that'll help us give more accurate ATAR estimate

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Guys,

English is draging me down, I don't really know how I can improve. Honestly lets think about English, even if you put the effort, sometimes you don't get the marks you want? Then you become stressed and unmotivated.

How could you really ace English Advanced Assessments?

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Give us your marks in those subjects ,that'll help us give more accurate ATAR estimate
I am just saying If I get these internal assessment marks overall in school and I am in top 3 for everything. What Atar would I get, if I ace the external HSC exam. lol

Capt Rifle

HSC
Guys,

English is draging me down, I don't really know how I can improve. Honestly lets think about English, even if you put the effort, sometimes you don't get the marks you want? Then you become stressed and unmotivated.

How could you really ace English Advanced Assessments?
Get an English tutor. Start writing practice essays and get people to proof read them and give you feedback.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Get an English tutor. Start writing practice essays and get people to proof read them and give you feedback.
Thanks, for such an answer - btw, how you going with your studies- how did you go in half-yearlies

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks, for such an answer - btw, how you going with your studies- how did you go in half-yearlies
Aiming for 99.95 with that rank?
Don't know if you're serious... You have to come first in all the subjects in your school AND do considerably well in the external....

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Make sure you consider your options if you want to do Medicine really bad.

This includes getting a high ATAR, sitting the UMAT and applying to every interstate university.

Don't let all your hopes ride on either UNSW or UWS medicine! Combined they only give out about 400-500 places each year. Increase your chances by considering everything :)

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Make sure you consider your options if you want to do Medicine really bad.

This includes getting a high ATAR, sitting the UMAT and applying to every interstate university.

Don't let all your hopes ride on either UNSW or UWS medicine! Combined they only give out about 400-500 places each year. Increase your chances by considering everything :)
if you can afford the move

Also, 300-315 places*
UNSW - ~208 places (148 unbonded places, ~52 BMP, ~8 MRBS, (BMP and MRBS places mainly go to rural applicants) and internationals) - http://med.unsw.edu.au/categories-entry-local-rural
UWS - ~104 places (~75 unbonded places, ~25 BMP, ~4 MRBS, and internationals) - http://www.uws.edu.au/medicine/som/applying_to_medicine/mbbs/admissiontypes

UoN/UNE also provide places in NSW for undergrad, I'm not sure how many but I assume it would be similar to UWS.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
if you can afford the move

Also, 300-315 places*
UNSW - ~208 places (148 unbonded places, ~52 BMP, ~8 MRBS, (BMP and MRBS places mainly go to rural applicants) and internationals) - http://med.unsw.edu.au/categories-entry-local-rural
UWS - ~104 places (~75 unbonded places, ~25 BMP, ~4 MRBS, and internationals) - http://www.uws.edu.au/medicine/som/applying_to_medicine/mbbs/admissiontypes

UoN/UNE also provide places in NSW for undergrad, I'm not sure how many but I assume it would be similar to UWS.

Centrelink.

You get paid way more if you move out of home so it's very manageable.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
I am so stressed right now! if hope someone can understand what I really mean, I work very hard but still I think what if I can't get in, any help guys on show should I increase my chance of getting a place. How can I apply to all univserites and when d o you need to apply, please this will help me alot. Thanks, guys for being kind. I really don't know how to thank each and one of you.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
.. atleast try to be nice. after all, we all will need help one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)