Help With Attendance (1 Viewer)

deeznuts

HSC
Hey people i was wondering if you could give me some advice on what to do

Im going away for 3 weeks over easter, to America to attend a funeral and a wedding and to do some sight seeing as well

Now i miss 2 weeks of uni (i go away from 7th april-2nd May)

So i miss 2 lectures, 2 tutuorials for each subjects

Which are

Accounting 1a
Intro Microenonomics
Business and Economic Stats a (I also miss 2 workshops for this)
American History

I have 2 problems

1. I need to attend 80% of tutuorials, and tutorial preparation accounts for some of my marks

2. In most of my subjects i have an exam(quiz) which counts towards my final score on the 7th. I leave around 2pm on that day the quiz is later.

Any ideas on what i should do?
And /or am i just fucked

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Leave on compassionate grounds. Since you're going to a funeral, it should be grounds for you to gain leave from classes. Not sure how it's done at main campus, but generally your Chair of unit will give you this permission.

Lainee

HSC
Well, if you have to miss them then there's nothing you can do but ask your UOS coordinator as a first step or take it further if they don't accept your excuse.

On the bright side though, at least the funeral+wedding are kinda close together... (at the risk of sounding insensitive, I'm not going to say 'great timing' etc.etc.) so a block of lectures/tutorials are missed rather than say missing one week with one excuse and then missing another week later on with another excuse.

Just as a precautionary note as well: make sure if your UOS coordinator says it's ok for you to miss the classes that you receive confirmation in writing so that it's not disputed later on.

E.g. "Dear ______, I would like to confirm that you have given me permission to be excused from classes ___________ during _________ and that I will not be penalised in terms of marks/passing this UOS for not attending or completing required tasks during this period." And do that for all the subjects that you'll have to misk.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
War funeral? That's my guess, otherwise it's incredibly odd the body isn't buried/cremated et al. within about 3 days of death...

deeznuts

HSC
yeh its something like that, i dont no much about it, its for my grandfather, who ive never met, they supposedly just found out where he lays, and are holding a funeral thingo, its improtant for my olds so, we are all going

ill just do wat u guys suggest and see wat happens

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)