Help with Business Information Systems Assignment (1 Viewer)

synyster-666

HSC
Hi. I'm a first year student in a Western Australian university (I'm new to the site and don't know if there's a section of the forums for West Australians). I'm studying Commerce and Business Infortmation Systems 100 is one of my units for my first semester.

I have been given an assignment in which I have to choose an information system in a work place, community, or pretty much anything, then use an Information Systems Description Framework to outline the features of the chosen information system. i.e. Users and functions of IS; External description of IS; Internal description of IS.

I was wondering if anybody could provide any examples of information systems that could be used in such an assignment. They don't have to overly complex. Anything simple. The common example given is a video store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

ibrahimau

CEO
HSC
I study information process and technology so i don't know if this will help you or not .

You should be able to identify the purpose of the information system ,for example what is the purpose of the video store system .

Identify the system processes such as collecting,organising and so on ,for example what data collected by the video ,then organized and analyzed to be turned into useful information .

you also require to identify the information technology (hardware and software) participants/user and data/information .

I hope this information will help you ,,but once again I'm doing a year 12 course ,so may be there is a different in the requirement .

good luck .

Kat92

HSC
From what you are describing it does very much sound like the sort of things that IPT gets students to do. So I would certainly agree with what ibrahimau mentioned.

You may wish to have a look at this link: http://community.boredofstudies.org/ and the university campus links underneath it to see if you can post there.

Good Luck, I hope that you find out what you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)