Help with choosing degree for next year (1 Viewer)

ameliaaa

HSC
hii

My goal is medicine however I seriously screwed up umat. I got an atar of 99.2 and I'm really struggling on what is the best undergrad degree to do next year. I'm going to re-attempt umat again next year and continue to try and get into med, I just don't know what to do in the meantime.
I was certain I was going to do med sci but I have read/heard a lot of discouraging things about it.
My other options are advanced science (more freedom?) or doing advanced sci/commerce (people have told me double degrees are a better option). I was also thinking maybe putting psychology or physiotherapy as a preference but I'm honestly not sure. My best subjects are science and I'm not keen on taking a gap year.

So in short, I want to get into med but did shocking in umat and am confused as to what to do next year bc ive heard way too many different opinions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank youuuu

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Since your inevitable goal is medicine. I would say anything really because the stuff you study now won't probably count to your medicine degree. I would suggest Science and do all the electives/subjects you want.

ameliaaa

HSC
Since your inevitable goal is medicine. I would say anything really because the stuff you study now won't probably count to your medicine degree. I would suggest Science and do all the electives/subjects you want.
Thanks! I'm thinking I'll choose adv sci but I'm not sure whether I should do it as a double degree with commerce.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks! I'm thinking I'll choose adv sci but I'm not sure whether I should do it as a double degree with commerce.
The thing is that it won't matter at all if you're doing a single or double degree. You can still do whatever subjects you want in your science degree or if you want it to say advsci/comm on your transcript you can do that also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)