help with Early Entry interview (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey
i was just wondering if anyone could give me any help as to what they ask in the interview in particular the bachelor of maths and finance.
also what types of things are looked upon favourably and how should i lay out my cv (dot point, paragraphs...etc)

thanks any help would be great
matt

McLovin

HSC
*bump* I have a question about early entry interviews also, but is not answered on the FAQ.

My original plan was to go for an arts degree and major in psychology, but they do not offer it. If I go for another major such as politics would I be able to exchange it after the interview and also should I let them know that I am doing that?

jest3r

HSC
McLovin said:
*bump* I have a question about early entry interviews also, but is not answered on the FAQ.

My original plan was to go for an arts degree and major in psychology, but they do not offer it. If I go for another major such as politics would I be able to exchange it after the interview and also should I let them know that I am doing that?
Early entry offers aren't binding, so if you do get an offer for early entry you're not obliged to take it. So if you get an early entry offer for B Arts (Politics), but put your first UAC preference as B Arts (Psychology), provided that your UAI is above the cut-off, you'll get a UAC offer for psychology.

McLovin

HSC
Thankyou, but should I tell the interviewers this? Or in a way pretend to be interested in politics when really it is not the exact course I want?

jest3r

HSC
Well if you want to use the early entry avenue as a safety net, then I would demonstrate interest in doing the politics major. Atleast then if for some reason you dont get into psychology, you're guaranteed a spot in politics and you can just transfer next year. By telling the interviewers that you actually want do psychology isn't really going to do much because its not up to them to offer early entry for courses that aren't part of the 'early entry fleet'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)