help with ENLGISH (1 Viewer)

C

cherry2004

English?!!?

Hey does anyone know any good texts (anything but a film) related to the topic ' change is a necessary part of life?' Pleaaasee, i'd really appreciate ur help!
thanx!:) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

oscar_wilde

You might be able to use:

Othello
Huck Finn

you can use pretty much any text that is showing a teenager for instance growing/maturing:

Maybe if you looked at a few classics such as Pride and Prejudice; picture of dorian gray Oscar wilde;

sorry i couldn't be more help...

Last edited:

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
feel sorry for you

Hi, i'm in yr 11 this year.. a "change is good for life" or wateva it is!! Your unlucky... our major assignment this term was only based on sef discovery... we got it easy and i'm in advanced to!

Kulazzi

HSC
Meastro by Peter Goldworthy is a good book on change

---> A boy experiences many changes from teenager to adolescent
---> His tutor also changed from the past

It's a book we studied in class and is very good for change

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
Meastro

That book is good... but our teacher won't leave it alone...
So now it's stupid... i'm sure he fantsys Paul in the book... i swear by it!
But yeh it is a good book about change

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
looking for alibrandi by Melina Marchetta is good (so multipurpose that book!)
--> change through experience
Great expectations by Charles Dickens is good too.
-->change through maturation.

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
SUMMER OF THE SEVENTEENTH DOLL, by ray lawler is an excellent text for how change is necessary-

Olive portrays Australian conservative societys inability to change, how our long-felt admiration for youthful prowess has left us unequipped to fulfil our age. Olive, on the verge of middle age, clings to a youth already lost.

The core tragedy of the play is the despair of Olive and the destruction of a dream... it is that tragic element of the doll that still resonate with audiences decades later.

so, yea... your local library should have that, it's a really famous Aussie play even if you haven't heard of it!! Lack of change can sometimes be more harmful than change itself

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
that reminds me... we were allowed to do an autobiography as well... I used mine in a speech as well... the autobiography... Carlotta... it's about change. tho tended towards an adult audience as i dicovered as i read the book... but yeh... it's interesting... and now i come to think of it... it's about change as well as self discovery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)