Help with hsc subjects please asap (1 Viewer)

ahhhwow

HSC
Please, i dont know what to choose someone help

IS PDHPE, AND EXTENSION ENGLISH HARD ?

i really want to swap out music and sor2

what do you guys think?

or should I just keep my subjects since *they scale high apparently* and recommended to me that i should do it *by alot of students, and past students who have done the hsc...

Lumenoria

HSC
Don't choose a subject solely for the purpose of scaling - that is an avenue for disaster. Difficulty is subjective; if you hate a subject, then you'll obviously have a natural inclination to avoid it, thus making it much more difficult to do well in. I'm doing English Ext 1, and while it scales well, I can say with certainty that it is quite difficult - and that is coming from someone who thoroughly enjoys the content. It is marked to a much higher standard than Advanced, so if you're taking it for the scaling aspect, then it's not going to work in your favour if you do absolutely shit in it. Scaling only works in your favour usually only if you attain a mark in excess of 85 - otherwise it'll just scale you down. Just keep whichever one you enjoy more, you'll thank yourself later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kendallkreene

HSC
I would only pick English Extension 1 if you genuinely enjoy English. However, the content is vastly different to Advanced English, and also a bit more difficult as you learn about critical theories and the genre of texts within themselves. It's almost like learning a completely new subject, unlike Maths Ext 1 & 2, which builds upon the content of 2U. (I don't do math, but this is what I've been told)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)