Help with IRP (1 Viewer)

Clarkie2021

HSC
N/A
I need help with deciding on my IRP Hypothesis. The topic i am interested in is how the American music industry has influenced the Australian music industry. Anyone with any ideas please let me know as i'm kidding meself at the moment.

sally_33

HSC
Not to put you off doing what you're interested in but that topic would be pretty difficult. I think the 3 most important things to remember when you are deciding on a hypothesis/research question for your IRP are

a) Something which interests you to some extent.

b) A topic which would allow you to interview/survey peers, family, neighbours etc for the primary research aspect (i.e. people in your local community who are easily accessible and willing)

c) It should be very specific.

Although you would think that the broader it is, the better as more information is available, that doesnt necessarily make it any easier. I'll give you an example:

'what impact does a childs disability have on their family'?

narrowed down to

'what impact does a childs disability have on their families emotional wellbeing'?

to

'what impact does a childs disability have on their parents emotional wellbeing'?

to

'what impact does an intellectually impaired childs disability have on their parents emotional wellbeing'?

that wasnt the best example but can you see how making it much more specific would allow for more efficient research?

anyway im not disregarding your idea but you do need to think about how easy it will be to gain primary data, and whether that is specific enough. Also check with your teacher as to whether it is appropriate and make you read cro_angels thread, 'IRP topics and tips" - its very helpful for ideas

good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)