Help with Learner's logbook/license? (1 Viewer)

Bleached

HSC
Ok, I don't really know where else to ask this, and figured it would be best to ask on here. I'm not even sure if this is the right boars to put it in, but this is where people go.

I have stuffed up my log book. I was making up hours (I know, serves me right) and I stuffed up the odometer readings. Someone told me that I had to ignore the last number and round it up. And I didn't even realize till I did like a page of them but it's really wrong now. It reads only 18,000 instead of 180,000.

I don't know what to do.. Should I just buy a new one? Would that mean I have to start over from the date I get the new log book?

Please help... I need my P's before Schoolies. And yes, I can drive. I just never could be bothered filling in my log book. I think I would have done at least 100 hours by now.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Why would you need to fake your log book if you managed to get 100 hours legit.

Unless you stuffed the last 20 hours up in your log book...

Bleached

HSC
Why would you need to fake your log book if you managed to get 100 hours legit.

Unless you stuffed the last 20 hours up in your log book...
I filled out my log book legit for the first 11 hours? And then I got sick of filling it out. So I just thought "I'll make up some later". Stuffed up the whole 4th/5th page of it. Went :uhoh: then just kept driving, not filling it out because I didn't know what to do.

I know, it never occurred to me to record odometer readings I did after the mistake.

Yeah, I know, I majorly have screwed up. :(

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Just say you need a new book from the RTA, say it was "lost in a fire" or some random crap.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
why can't you add a zero?

and lol my odometer gets reset every time i start to drive

rsweeny

HSC
N/A
Generally they just flick through the log book.... Just make sure the rest of it looks legit... I made many mistakes filing out my logbook. I just crossed it out and wrote it above the mistake... the testing lady seemed to think that it was fine.

melli-girl

HSC
You're allowed to just ask for a new one aren't you? You just have to pay I think..

Bleached

HSC
If I get a new one, won't they record it down? On the inside cover of the log book it has an issue date. Now is the issue date for the license or for the logbook? If it's for the log book, I probably won't be able to make up hours prior to buying the new log book.

All well, I'm going to go today and buy a new log book. I'll report back the results.. Maybe I'll be able to get hours back.

chuboy

HSC
-_- You have to hold you learner's for 12 months. You can get a new logbook every day for a year if you want, you don't get a new driver's licence.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
you're supposed to use the trip meter not the odometer you fucktard, and then you do ignore the last number because that is 100m

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Isn't white out banned? I want to rip out a whole page of badly written logs but apparently that can also get you into trouble..

Hannargh

HSC
If you can't be bothered filling in something which will only take less than a minute then you shouldn't be driving in the first place. Part of the L-licence requires you to fill it in, so don't come whining to us if you your stuff it up.

I've just done 123 legit hours, and recorded all the trips, and I haven't made any mistakes cause I've been bothered to carefully fill it out in the first place.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Isn't white out banned? I want to rip out a whole page of badly written logs but apparently that can also get you into trouble..
if you walk outside my house theres a car with ps on it...

besiding the fact i passed the driving test... my log book was full of whiteout... cause it was messy.. and had chicken scratches... and it still got signed off on as correct and valid

so either its not banned... or my tester didnt give a shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)