help with leunig cartoon please!!! (1 Viewer)

katie01peace

HSC
hey guys, could someone please help me the analysis of this leunig cartoon. I just need to know what you think it means and all that kind of stuff, lol. THANKS SO MUCH! :)
Its the one where he is walking on his mind and it says, "Let it go. Let it out. Let it unravel. Let it free and it can be A path on which to travel"

star*eyed

HSC
Here is my interpretation

I would say that the character needs to allow his mind to be free, so that it is able to go on it own journeys. If your doing imaginative journeys then it could be seen as allowing your mind to wonder and go on imaginative journeys.
Your mind allows you to travel wherever you wish to go, and in an imaginative journey it is the path in which you follow.

Mama

HSC
umm im thinking, dunno tho coz i am also wanting sum help coz i need to get this assessment done. but i thought see that thing unravelling out of his head? that could suggest to let your dreams and thoughts take you to where ever it might be..which implies an imaginative journey..? soory if i was no help :)

Alfred_rulz

Very Important Person
HSC
The persona in the cartoon is standing on a strip of his own mind that symbolises the path that we take in our life, our life is led by our subconsciousness, often we don't realise this. We must imagine, we must be speculative and we must be creative to walk through the unpaved road of world. The dark night pretty much is used to galvanise the world of subconsciousness. 'Let it go. Let it out' represents the imagination that could carry us beyond the world of limits and boundaries. If you are studying "On Giant's Shoulders" by Melvyn Bragg as your prescribed text, I would pretty much use Freud chapter. This is an excellent choice. GOOD LUCK

*Phepheee*

HSC
i'm doing that image too,

could someone please help tell me what techniqes are used in it and how to relate it to

this question :

"What is the imaginative journey represented in the text and how do language forms, features and structures shape meaning and influence response?"

thank u so much for any help :D:D:D:D

jordie4

HSC
hey,

i think it was from the 2003 calendar but i cant be sure im using it as well as oen of my supplementary texts.. but yes i cant find the title.. im looking now though.. if u find it let us now please :) and vice versa :)

:)

jordie4

HSC
hey guys,

i just talked to a person from leunigs website he said he was pretty sure that the title is the first line so "let it go" and i just googled it and that is the title *relief* YAY if any one wants to help analysising it.. ill help them too :) have a good afternoon/evening :)

cookie munchie

HSC
[FONT=&quot]Hi I m doing an assessment about imaginative journeys and the question is “analyse how concepts of imaginative journeys are presented in these texts” and I’m trying to relate it to this to Limetree and Kubla Khan as well as Secret Garden…….Any ideas? Would appreciate it a lot. Have the test on Tuesday = dooms day. :)[/FONT]

solastsummer

HSC
In my opinion there's a better leunig cartoon that represents an imaginative journey.. Pretty sure it's called "the life you lead" where the character is reflecting on his life and comes to the cliche fork in the road which shows the life he could have lead. Heaps of techniques in it too, i used it and got full marks

cookie munchie

HSC
i would have used that, however i had to use a text studied in class and we didnt study that in class, so yes, coludnt use it.

beckaa

HSC
Heyy

As this appears to be a popular text, is there anyone who has already done this text in a previous year who could post their response?

I'm finding this assessment to be difficult and any help is veryyy welcome.

Thanks
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)