help with maths (1 Viewer)

gnome8

HSC
hey guys
just wondrin if ne1 can help me with this q, i found it in an old SHORE SKOOL exam paper
its one of the last questions, and its really bloody hard, but since every1 at my school is pretty shit at maths nobody i know can answer it lol
here it is:

Using mathematical induction, prove that (1-x)^2 - nx - 1 is divisible by x^2, for n greater than or equal to 2, n integer.

wat the hell is mathemtical incundtion? apparenlyl its in the syllabus, but i have nfi what it means

also, is this kind of q likely to come up in the exam, or are our internal exams just harder than the actual school certificate exams? after all, our school probably is overall better than most

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
gnome8 said:
hey guys
just wondrin if ne1 can help me with this q, i found it in an old SHORE SKOOL exam paper
its one of the last questions, and its really bloody hard, but since every1 at my school is pretty shit at maths nobody i know can answer it lol
here it is:

Using mathematical induction, prove that (1-x)^2 - nx - 1 is divisible by x^2, for n greater than or equal to 2, n integer.

wat the hell is mathemtical incundtion? apparenlyl its in the syllabus, but i have nfi what it means

also, is this kind of q likely to come up in the exam, or are our internal exams just harder than the actual school certificate exams? after all, our school probably is overall better than most
mathematical induction is NOT in the yr 10 syllabus.

dont kid yourself

gnome8

HSC
oh thank god
thanks for reashoring me
LOL
so wat is it, only 4 yr 11?
and neway why the fuck was it in our yr 10 paper? i mean yeah my skools good, but the kids there arent that smart...

gnome8

HSC
Manserd said:
...really? At Shore we learnt it back in year 8...
wtf? who is this?
oh fuk u must be one of those guys in the good class
i think i kno who u are
and mate, let me tell u that ur brians well get u NOWHERE in life
if u want to have a mad uai, why dont u piss off to a school like high or grammer where theyve got pletny of nerds like u
weirdo

D

doubleddorry

Manserd said:
here @ st maryies dey didnt mention it

but one nerd kid my mad kiked in da nuts wuz lookin at sum notes 4 it
i remmebra cos i spat on dem

D

doubleddorry

Manserd said:
wo w i bet u tink ur sum top shit? mr smart ass? mr professor einstein genuis? i tell u, out in da real world u aint gonna get shit cos u nerds hav no idea how 2 tlk 2 peeps or relate n shit

ur gonna be a povvvvvvvv fuk

gnome8

HSC
doubleddorry said:
here @ st maryies dey didnt mention it

but one nerd kid my mad kiked in da nuts wuz lookin at sum notes 4 it
i remmebra cos i spat on dem
hahahaha now thats how to treat em
if they dont play rugby, then theyre not worth shit in life

anyway can anyone explain why that maths question was in our skool paper even tho its way to hard?

D

doubleddorry

gnome8 said:

anyway can anyone explain why that maths question was in our skool paper even tho its way to hard?
mayb ur skl rekons its just TOO MAD FER US?

redraw

HSC
gnome8 said:

Perhaps because you are scum and they needed to show you that.

danishpm

HSC
i seriously doubt anyone would learn mathematical induction in year 8, i mean, why would u even care about it....

just so u know, mathematical induction is only in mathematics extension 2, and possibly extension 1, so i seriously doubt u have anything to worry about

D

doubleddorry

redraw said:
Perhaps because you are scum and they needed to show you that.
re draw? wat kinda name is dat?
ur skum u scumassssss

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

T

tiny tim

bloody hell ay That paper was hard. I know my status sez 2008 but im too lazy to change it, it was default or something ay? Like I knew Shore were good but now they're givin us yr 11 stuff bloody hell ay what do they think we are some asian school?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I was going to post something which made sense in this thread, but I got horrified by the trolls. Gnome8... argh... I hope you get banned real soon.

Mathematical induction... yowch. Year eight? Yowch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)