Help with microeconomic policies and structural change essay question (1 Viewer)

Marcusee

HSC
N/A
I've got this question I have to do a presentation on:

Examine structural changes in the Australian economy resulting from microeconomic policies.

I don't have a clue to what it's asking. Can someone help me out? How would I structure my presentation for this question?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Intro: Definition
Body: Bullshitting
Conclusion: Wrap up the bullshitting

bhsrepresent

HSC
considering this is a presentation and not an exam-based essay I'd look at broadly overseeing the history of Australian microeconomic reform (1970s and onwards) in the first few slides (obviously defining it prior to this and expanding on how it can radically change the structure of the economy) -

Then spend the bulk of the presentation looking at specific reforms (not just broadly mentioning them) and how they shifted the structure of the Australian economy, you need to look at things like the reduction of protectionism, the use of supply side policies etc

I think its essential that you spend a lot of time on things like the 'two speed economy'/ structural rise of the resource sector etc etc

make sure you link the reform to the structurachanges
-

Marcusee

HSC
N/A
considering this is a presentation and not an exam-based essay I'd look at broadly overseeing the history of Australian microeconomic reform (1970s and onwards) in the first few slides (obviously defining it prior to this and expanding on how it can radically change the structure of the economy) -

Then spend the bulk of the presentation looking at specific reforms (not just broadly mentioning them) and how they shifted the structure of the Australian economy, you need to look at things like the reduction of protectionism, the use of supply side policies etc

I think its essential that you spend a lot of time on things like the 'two speed economy'/ structural rise of the resource sector etc etc

-
okay, this clears things up a lil, thanks a lot!!

Kurby

HSC
N/A

-
I'm not sure how much of micro-reforms benefited the resource sector or that we were just lucky.

WolfEmDown

LOL ign : PlayDis
HSC
wow....first result from googling the question
dw its last period

deviouswatch

HSC

-
As we see here, I'd start by defining both structural reform and micro policy. Then move into examples, for example the "dead buried and cremated" WorkChoices Legislation, Fair Work Act, compulsory unionism, minimum wages. Don't forget to include theoretical models such as NAIRU and the S&D curve among other things. Use facts to back up your data and BAM, as long as you kustify yourself with facts, you will do well.

Tomorrow after I do my Maths and English exam, I'd be happy to write out a response on this for practice for myself as well as helping you.
Provided that you don't have to do this presentation tomorrow xD
<3 Dev

deviouswatch

HSC
Is it assessable? If yes and you haven't started, I suggest you get the **** off this website and get crackalacking mate!

Marcusee

HSC
N/A
As we see here, I'd start by defining both structural reform and micro policy. Then move into examples, for example the "dead buried and cremated" WorkChoices Legislation, Fair Work Act, compulsory unionism, minimum wages. Don't forget to include theoretical models such as NAIRU and the S&D curve among other things. Use facts to back up your data and BAM, as long as you kustify yourself with facts, you will do well.

Tomorrow after I do my Maths and English exam, I'd be happy to write out a response on this for practice for myself as well as helping you.
Provided that you don't have to do this presentation tomorrow xD
<3 Dev
Oh ok, I will consider those legislation, thanks
And yeah, it is tomorrow D: Thanks for the offer though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)