help with my idea (1 Viewer)

kula

hi, have just began thinking of project ideas and one of my ideas was something to do with Guantanamo bay...but I don't know if I can do it because it's "too recent"

Also does anyone know what type of approaches our question can be, cause I thought it could only be different interpretations through time, but I am told you can approach it in several ways??????

tink 18

You could do Guantanamo bay, but it would be very difficult because it is, as you said "too recent" not much research by historians would have been completedas of yet. The best thing to do i think is to do a bit of preliminary reseach, if you really want to do Guantanamo bay. Find out what research has been done and what you could utilise in your assignment in regards with sources of any kind.

With the question are talking specifically about Guantanamo bay or every assignment?
I focused,my assignment on a personality and the main source for that person. My questions were on the historians aims and methods their opinion of the person in their work and i compared and contrasted that with other ancient and modern sources. most assignments will be interpretation based. Just look at what your assignment is on and think about what you want to learn about it by doing the research and aslong as it is to do with historiography you should be fine.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah its not really history, its a current event, and you want something historians have examined and debated...

Generator

HSC
N/A
It is history, and there have been numerous other works that have been produced on the subject that don't come under the label of history pieces, but I'm not sure if your teachers would find it a suitable topic.

Your project would not be about Guantanamo Bay, but rather Historical opinion regarding the prision set up. Beware, conspiracy theories are frowned upon, though there have been many published works surrounding the war on terror.

sugared plum

HSC
it would be really hard, almost impossible for what the course asks of you. i don't think it would be worth the struggle, and you might end up prodcing somehting fantastic, but doesn't fit the criteria and therefore get a mark which is less than what you are capable of

Jennibeans

HSC
I think you should run it by your teacher before you start anything. As people have said the project calls for historical interpretations and that would be difficult if not impossible to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)