Help with Othello Speech =] (1 Viewer)

noobonastick

HSC
hi I have an Othello speech due on the first Tuesday back, and i need help !!!!
Aite, so the question is;

"drama relies on conflict. Prepare a speech to be given in class in which you discuss how conflict is used to explore the major themes of the play, Othello.

In your response, you must make close textual reference to the play. You must also refer to TWO SCENES in either the BBC production or the Parker production of Othello to show how the themes have been represented in a production. "

So I have chosen the Parker production, (the one with morpheus in it :p) , and yes, i need some ideas to get me started.

Thanks for the help.

adam300492

HSC
noobonastick said:

"drama relies on conflict. Prepare a speech to be given in class in which you discuss how conflict is used to explore the major themes of the play, Othello.

In your response, you must make close textual reference to the play. You must also refer to TWO SCENES in either the BBC production or the Parker production of Othello to show how the themes have been represented in a production. "

So I have chosen the Parker production, (the one with morpheus in it :p) , and yes, i need some ideas to get me started.

Thanks for the help.
i would, but i have to do it aswell.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
noobonastick said:

Thanks for the help.
look at the different aspects of conflict. i personally interpret Othello to be a play about the inner conflicts we are confronted with. note how Othello is tormented by his need to be someone of great importance - we see that his status is merely a social construction. once you take away his clothing and possessions, he falls into the depths of madness.

also, there is conflict in the relationships. how the characters relate to each other, and how they relate to society.

etc etc.

look at the details, the parts that make up the big picture before you focus on the story in its entirety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)