Help with Prefs!! (1 Viewer)

piecheck

HSC
N/A
Heyy, i noe its pretty late to be posting a thread bout my prefs, but i donno what to do...i wanna do business at UTS but i can only get into the kuring-gai campus, as i didnt make the cut off to do the same cource in the ct, but i like in the western suburbs, and travel will be a major major bitch! 2.5 hours...i plan to transfer to the city campus after a year. However, in first year, my parents dont want me to move, and dont reli wanna pay for me to move out for a yr..umm i dont have a car, i cant at all get centerlink or any such thing....ummm the cource is kinda th only thing i reli want to do (i think..) and i was just wondering......

should i do Arts in Organisational Learning which is located in the city - which is like HRM/ bus managment...with intentions of transfering to business after a yr (with credits me thinks).......

or, should i defer for a yr (which iv seriously considering for a while), get a job, a car, save money to move out and then do the cource a kuring-gai the year after...

or..should i just, travel to kuring-gai..do it for a year (cos i noe ppl do) and do the transfer

or...umm w8 and see what happens

um yeah, i gues my prefs wont be changing...but ur opinion would be nice

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I personally would go the Kuringai route and transfer after a year, or maybe even a semester, to the city. Travel isn't that much of a problem either - just get a weekly travelpass (about 18 dollars a week at student rates) and you can go almost anywhere on sydney by public transport. You can also go through your readings on the train so that its not an entire waste.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I agree with Kami- taking the Ku-ring-gai course means:

- You are not wasting money on extra subjects, because UTS may not accept all credit points if you enter into Arts on Organisational Learning. Doing one year at UTS at Ku-ring-gai is the same as doing it in the city (subjects are not different in any way- they are the same).

- Because both courses belong to the Business faculty an internal course transfer within UTS is allowed. This normally requires a 500 word essay on why you want to transfer (not much work) and a credit average+ (not hard with a bit of study).

hellomike

HSC
I know a number of my friends that go to that campus and you should go there, at least you will be under UTS.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Btw if the Ku-ring-gai campus is sold to land developers.. all of the students will probably be transferred to the city.

As a resident in the area I am against this idea though (high rise development etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)