HELP with radioisotopes/tracers (1 Viewer)

sleepplease

HSC
Hey guys,

How are radioisotpes used to show transport paths in plants by tracing an element? Or any other scientific way that DOESNT involved radioisotpes is acceptable too..

I've talked about autoradiography and the use of carbon-14 to trace glucose...

any other ideas??

it's urgent!!

Thanks heaps :)

PrettyVacant

HSC
=D Cool. I'm going to steal those two. I've got an assignment on it and it's so hard to condense things. For my Chemistry one, I made the font smaller and the margins larger and the spacing slightly smaller. =9 Looks like crap, but at least it's crammed into 2 pages. =D

HSC
N/A
S-35 - traces proteins and nucleic acids.
P-32 & P-33 - trace nucleotides.

Fertilisers labelled with a certain isotopes, such as nitrogen-15 and phosphorus-32, provide a means of finding out how much is taken up by the plant and how much is lost; therefore, this allows better management of fertiliser application.

@LottoX: That'd a test where you more or less ingest a sample of urea labelled with C-13/C-14, to detect CO2, yes? Do tell us more.

Annalisee

HSC
That's what we are doing, there is a lot of information about using radioisotopes in medicine etc but hardly anything to do with plants. Is the fertilizer thing relevent?
I couldn't find anything substancial to finish my sheet.

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Are you sure it's the green, photosynthesis type of plant and not the chemical-releasing, industrial type of plant?
To whom, what, where?
I'm fairly sure that the fertilizer thing I posted is to do with the green photosynthetic type of plant, and not the pollution-splurging industrial wastehouses type of plant.
Is the fertilizer thing relevent?
Well, it does show you the transport paths in a {greenery} plant.

I'm lost now... *Confused.*

Annalisee

HSC
It's starting to make more sense to me now... I think.
Yeah I had no idea about anything to do with this topic when I was researching it, now I sort of understand what to look for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)