Help with refining question (1 Viewer)

Mother Man

HSC
I'm doing my major work about the kamikaze pilots of WW2, but I need help with refining my question, so far my question is: Compare the japanese views of kamikaze bombings from WW2 to present day

Although, I'm not entirely satisfied with my question because I feel it doesn't touch on historiography as much as I would like it to be...

Can anyone give me some pointers or help improving the question? Thanks

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Compare and contrast the differing Japanese perspectives over time on the issue of kamikaze bombings during World World II?

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Try this:

To what extent have Japanese views of kamikaze bombings from WW2 changed over time?

Or, you could change the "To what extent" to "How and why". This will give you a better opportunity to look at the context of the Japanese.

redox

HSC
Out of curiosity, what differing historical perspectives have you found on this issue?

It's certainly an interesting area, but to me it seems the real point of interest is the overall mindset, perspective and philosophy of the Japanese during that time, and how that changed. Unless you have reason to focus on kamikazee bombers (by no means something I know much about), perhaps you'd consider expanding the question to cover a larger subject.

Though, the question may again have to be refined, as you don't want to cover too large a subject. The Japanese mindset towards others / the war is probably too large, but you'd probably also find more points of historical controvercy in writings about it.

Just some suggestions on an alternate path you might like to go down. Again, it really depends on whether you've found interesting sources on Kamikazee bombers in particular.

X

xeuyrawp

Kujah said:
Compare and contrast the differing Japanese perspectives over time on the issue of kamikaze bombings during World World II?
I think you'd need access to Japanese resources to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)