Help with reword (1 Viewer)

OL_O

HSC
N/A
can someone help me tell me another way of saying "turned her world upside down"
thank you in advance

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
can someone help me tell me another way of saying "turned her world upside down"
thank you in advance
maybe try physical descriptions of how the character could be feeling to show the characters world turning upside down?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to give us some context to your story for better suggestions, because the best way to say someone's world turned upside down is through using extended metaphors and allusions rather than using a range of synoymns for saying someone's world turned upside down. For example, the character may be someone who likes to do handstands, enjoying the adrenalin and the different perspective the momentary action provides, but perhaps now he/she felt that the world was permanently inverted, like some distorted nightmare in a science fiction film etc.. I am sure there is better description, but this is a really general guide inviting you to think deeper about how to be more creative:)

OL_O

HSC
N/A
You need to give us some context to your story for better suggestions, because the best way to say someone's world turned upside down is through using extended metaphors and allusions rather than using a range of synoymns for saying someone's world turned upside down. For example, the character may be someone who likes to do handstands, enjoying the adrenalin and the different perspective the momentary action provides, but perhaps now he/she felt that the world was permanently inverted, like some distorted nightmare in a science fiction film etc.. I am sure there is better description, but this is a really general guide inviting you to think deeper about how to be more creative:)
Thank you for the reply, Ok I'll sketch the situation in general terms, someone has just come into her life who she already has a predetermined negative perception of, then they start to get to know each other and this leads to her having a shifted view of not only him but also herself which proceeds with her 'world turned upside down'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)