Help with Storyline for Short Story. (1 Viewer)

jen_chik87

HSC
Hello

Doing advanced English and have to do a creative writing composition from my own stimilus material which is a picture of a one tree on a hill with nothing but two hills in the background and two people walking up, one of which i think is an animal. Also the image has a double frame.Like the main picture is in the middle but the painting is extended onto the frames. (will post up image tommorow)

Anyway, thats the best text i could find, since i can only have three texts for three compositions (i've already got a poem for Reflective Journal and short story for speech)
so now its down to the picture.
I have to make mention of the vectors and images in the picture too build my Story about and it has to be on imaginative journeys.
I want to do a double tone kinda story, or like two voices. Something like that but right now i need a plot for this picture.

Anyone got any ideas?

I was thinking maybe like a femal climbing up the tree and slipping and then falling unconcious and then she goes on an imaginative journey.
But what kind of imaginative journey?
I need the plot.

Help guys.
I'm not very creative.

This is for advanced HSC english BTW.

Heres the link for the picture guys.

http://users.tpg.com.au/bjc69/English.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

jen_chik87

HSC
Can anyone help.
Have to hand this i, in a few days.
It'll only take a few seconds of your time.
I'm not very creative.

MUst have story plot.............

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
The worst thing u can do in creative writing is believe youre not creative.... lose that attitude..

ok now well talk.

its an interesting stimulus that i think is really good for IJ.

but sorry i wont give u a plot, ill try and give you some thoughts tho...

think about what an imaginative journey.
is it a learning experience?
can they take us beyond reality? present/past/future? Imaginative lands?
what extraordinary things are possible?
Why does the figure have a tail?

Theres a boat in the foreground. why the hell is that there? its mountanous terrain, there seems to be no river?
Where has it come from? How did it get there?

The hardest thing with AOS is understanding the concept well enough to apply it to stimulus and produce your own text as such.

pm me if this has been too ambiguous and ill try and be more specific for you but i dont want to limit your own creativity by giving you an answer. the best stories come from your own imagination.

When im desperate for an idea i set my alarm to go off at 2-3 in the morning, i find i think better then, so i write down what im thinking about and go back to sleep. Sounds very odd i know but i got 15/15 for creative writing in my trial from an idea that came in the middle of the night.

EDIT: one last thought. the landscape in the image is dream like, sparse, empty. can you relate that sense of emptiness/sparseness to some sort of experience/journey? It only has to be *inspired by* not based on isnt it?

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

jen_chik87 said:
Hello

Doing advanced English and have to do a creative writing composition from my own stimilus material which is a picture of a one tree on a hill with nothing but two hills in the background and two people walking up, one of which i think is an animal. Also the image has a double frame.Like the main picture is in the middle but the painting is extended onto the frames. (will post up image tommorow)

Anyway, thats the best text i could find, since i can only have three texts for three compositions (i've already got a poem for Reflective Journal and short story for speech)
so now its down to the picture.
I have to make mention of the vectors and images in the picture too build my Story about and it has to be on imaginative journeys.
I want to do a double tone kinda story, or like two voices. Something like that but right now i need a plot for this picture.

Anyone got any ideas?

I was thinking maybe like a femal climbing up the tree and slipping and then falling unconcious and then she goes on an imaginative journey.
But what kind of imaginative journey?
I need the plot.

Help guys.
I'm not very creative.

This is for advanced HSC english BTW.

Heres the link for the picture guys.

http://users.tpg.com.au/bjc69/English.jpg

Cheers
Have you not already finished your HSC?

jen_chik87

HSC
I'm the brother using her Account.
Thought it was my account i logged into but its hers.

:|

jen_chik87

HSC
Hello

No Name for the picture.
Just off the front cover of this book called.

Seven Centuries of Poetry In English Edited By John Leonard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)